facebook

sorority fines?

by: New

I’m going through recruitment in the fall and I’ve heard that some sororities charge girls if they miss events. Is there a list of which sororities fine their members and which ones don’t? I really don’t want to join a sorority that forces you to go to events or they’ll fine you.

Posted By: New
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Xxx   

Every sororities will fine you for not going to mandatory events/missing meetings unexcused/etc

By: Xxx
by: TkeSep 14, 2019 3:00:49 PM

That’s not true! I know for a fact that kappa doesn’t fine their members. I think every other sorority does.

By: Tke
by: LmaoSep 14, 2019 3:25:03 PM

😂 What? I don’t know if you’re trying to self rank but I know for a fact all sororities are under the same Panhellenic rules and so skipping meetings, not going to your own philanthropy, and missing recruitment practice/rush week days for some things will get you fined.

By: Lmao
by: Dumb Sep 14, 2019 4:21:05 PM

Lmaoooo well your facts are wrong. There are sororities that don’t fine so maybe do some research before you post.

By: Dumb
by: WthlolSep 16, 2019 2:59:58 PM

“Panhellenic rules” HAHA what??? This person is not in a sorority. Each chapter is governed by their own bylaws that have nothing to do with “Panhellenic.” That being said every chapter except Kappa can fine their members, however no chapter is eager to do so.

By: Wthlol
by: gbreezeSep 19, 2019 6:05:02 AM

A couple of sororities do not fine, kappa definitely does not, but most chapters do!

By: gbreeze
#2  by: oh   

they all fine you but only if you don’t have an excuse ahead of time. they only fine you for important mandatory events such as your philanthropy or weekly meetings, and if you have an excused absence then you aren’t fined.

By: oh
#3  by: Lmfao   

ur trippin, no sorority WANTS to fine their members tf 😂 u can’t say out of all Panhellenic sororities only 1 doesn’t fine for a special reason lmao that’s just not true stop trying to get new members this way by spreading false information it’s sad

By: Lmfao
by: LollSep 19, 2019 6:08:17 AM

I guarantee you kappa does not fine, never has and never will

By: Loll
by: okSep 21, 2019 11:28:31 PM

i’m sure no one wants to fine their members, but every sorority fines except for kappa. facts are facts are facts, PNMs are gonna learn the truth in recruitment anyway

By: ok
#4  by: ?   

Why join a sorority if u already know you’re not gonna show up to events? That’s like part of sorority life.

By: ?
#5  by: bye   

kappa for sure fines its members, can confirm

By: bye
by: Lmao Sep 20, 2019 12:11:56 PM

Lmaooooo ask any girl in kappa

By: Lmao
#6  by: ...   

Kappa nationals does not allow any chapter to fine anywhere

By: ...
by: LOLDec 26, 2019 6:01:14 PM

Kappa can u guys self rank more obviously? Lol it’s so sad that you have to revive a thread literally MONTHS old to try and deceive people ... for what reason? It’s so embarrassing

By: LOL
#7  by: LOL   

Also I have friends in kappa at other schools where they have fines ... why do y’all lie so much

Throwing the word nationals in won’t make ur lie sound more real

By: LOL
by: uhDec 26, 2019 7:06:08 PM

sis I don't even think your on a sorority.

By: uh
by: oop Jan 1, 2020 9:35:46 PM

Person above is CEO of grammar

By: oop

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.