facebook

theta needs to focus on sisterhood, not reporting.

by: O

I am an active member and I don’t feel safe going to anyone on cabinet/advisory board because I feel like I will be excluded from more things than I already am. The only people I feel somewhat comfortable going to is the External Affairs branch minus OMD but even then, GreekRank will have to do.

I’ve been told by multiple people, and the president has mentioned it herself, that they are using chapter dues to delete these posts that “make our chapter look bad.” I disagree with this misuse of funds and it makes us look even worse because it seems like we’re trying to hide things.

I will say that 80% of the posts are true. There is a group of popular girls and it’s not their fault that they’re popular but it is their fault that many people feel so excluded. If you were able to read the first 15 “bad” reviews before they got reported, everyone mentioned how they felt excluded and cabinet, which is full of these popular girls, made girls feel uncomfortable. Obviously so, seeing that everyone came here to post their grievances.

I think that the post saying how Theta is handling this poorly is so true. Instead of focusing on internal issues, they have cabinet members spending active dues and time to sit on this website and report things. Posts have been going down the same day as they were posted and we all know GreekRank charges for priority removal.

I remember one post from September that mentioned how a sister had felt so excluded that this “sisterhood” was detrimental to her mental health and she had to 5250 herself during recruitment season. I want to confirm this as I had gone with her to check her in. She is doing much better but she does recall a lot of sisters who have felt the same way about the organization who have either dropped since then or have become a fly on the wall.

I’m sorry to all the girls who feel excluded and I hope we all work on internal sisterhood soon.

Posted By: O
Post Reply Report

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.