facebook

too late?

by: recent decision make

So, I've given it a lot of thought and just now decided I'd like to rush. Is it too late? What would my chances be of getting into a "top tier" fraternity? Have a lot given out most of their bids already?

Posted By: recent decision make
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Aubie   

As another rushee I can say from my own personal experience that the top tier fraternities are pretty selective for the most part, like you've got to know someone personally in the fraternity. However still go and pursue them like email the rush chairman (they're email address is on IFC website) and even though you maybe won't get a call back from them it's still worth the shot. Good luck man

By: Aubie
#2  by: IFC    

KA and Sigma Nu are done so don't even bother. Fiji, Theta Chi, and Beta are a good bit over halfway done with their classes but you still have some time to have a shot with them. Lambda Chi is nearly halfway through theirs and SAE is way behind this summer, so those two would probably be your best bet at a top tier this far into rush.

By: IFC
by: Great adviceJul 11, 2014 10:44:00 AM

Thank you

By: Great advice
by: What IfJul 11, 2014 12:24:14 PM

What if I know a few Sigma Nu's, would I still not have a chance to get an invite to a rush event?

By: What If
by: @What ifJul 11, 2014 3:31:07 PM

We're talking Sigma Nu is over 40 in numbers right now and is only giving a few more bids. They've cut guys that have friends in the fraternity. They also won't be having another rush party until open rush. I'd look at the other top tiers while you still can instead of banking on SNu.

By: @What if
#3  by: Agree@What if   

SN and KA are done with rush parties until open rush. Even then they may finished giving out bids so don't count on them giving out maybe 1 or 2 more bids. Beta, Theta Chi and Fiji are quickly filling up, too, but at least try all three of those. Lambda Chi, ATO and SAE would be good places to visit as well. Contact Rush Chairs or friends in those fraternities.

By: Agree@What if

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.