facebook

advice

by: htc

Hey guys. I'm a highschool senior and I'm starting to think about pledging. I'm from Northeast AL. I''m definitely attending AU in the fall. The problem is that the only Greek man I'm related to is my Uncle. He was a charter member of KA at Jacksonville State University. I have a pretty close connection with a UA SAE alum, also. I'm very involved and hold a lot of leadership postions and I have a 4.1 GPA. (Not bragging) I guess I just need some advice on chapters that would be a good fit for me. I'm not really sure if I have a good chance of getting into a prominent chapter because of my lack of connections at this point. Just wondering what my options are. Thanks.

Posted By: htc
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Rush   

Rush exists for a reason. Go find out where you fit.

By: Rush
#2  by: HTC   

We'll is there any chapters I would definitely have no chance with? (Already given all their bids to legacies)

By: HTC
#3  by: Just rush kid   

You aren't gonna figure it out on greekrank, kid.

By: Just rush kid
#4  by: Seriously   

You are doing more harm than good spouting off on greekrank. This site is essentially a humor site where the try hards bicker about who's cooler. Then again, you being on this site in high school may actually be very telling about who you are.

By: Seriously
#5  by: connections   

You don't need connections unless you're rushing a sorority. You'll be fine.

By: connections
#6  by: Answer   

No fraternity will ever even halfway fill their pledge class with just legacies. If you're cool and offer good things to a fraternity, then you can get in anywhere. Rarely are things completely true on this site so don't come here looking for information on fraternities, that's probably the best advice I can give you.

By: Answer
#7  by: Agree   

The guy above is pretty spot on, you'll find your fit just go to a lot of summer and fall rush events, make sure you take your time and pick a place you actually like and feel comfortable with.

By: Agree
#8  by: True   

Just relax and see where you belong.

By: True
#9  by: Chance   

Try it and see what happens. Lot of times it will work out.

By: Chance
#10  by: Yes   

First just try it and see.

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.