facebook

How do you guys have two mascots?

by: Lol srry

Hi. So I go to a Big 12 school and I have never been interested in Auburn until today I came across a senior picture of girls from my high school. One had on an Auburn Tigers shirt and the other one had on a War Eagle shirt. Both for Auburn. How do you guys have two mascots? Why is it War Eagle and wouldn’t your mascot just be an eagle why do you need to animals. I am very confused

Posted By: Lol srry
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: u are not fr   

ask your mommy to explain

By: u are not fr
by: Lol srryMay 4, 2020 11:03:24 PM

No like not kidding...I go to Oklahoma State. I’m actually very confused

By: Lol srry
#2  by: Haha   

You’re stupid because you’re from Oklahoma

By: Haha
#3  by: Me   

The mascot is the tiger. You can google the war eagle story. Y’all quit being rude. It was a genuine question.

By: Me
#4  by: Unique   

How many tiger mascots are there? “Go tigers” is so common. Especially Florida chomping their hands saying “go gators..” like wtf. War Eagle is bad a. Plus the local zoo wouldn’t let them take a tiger for game day purposes

By: Unique
by: HistoryMay 6, 2020 2:20:01 PM

So in the early days of football before the SEC before the NCAA there were unofficial leagues around the southeast.

The name the “tigers” were give as nicknames to the really good teams that won divisions for several years in a row. This was before mascots existed. During this time auburn was also referred to as the Plainsmen or the tigers since the were good in the 1800s. During the 1900s is when teams really started getting mascots so auburn adopted their nickname into their mascot

By: History
by: Lol srryMay 6, 2020 5:56:04 PM

I’m sorry but none of those words processed in my brain. Seems like a nice story though. Thanks y’all!

By: Lol srry
#5  by: what   

what is this

By: what

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.