facebook

oos gals

by: uhhh

Why do unconnected girls only get into “bottom” sororities? At pretty much every other SEC school unconnected girls have a chance at any house that’s not “top” so how come here it’s different?

Posted By: uhhh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Not true   

It's not different. There are 'unconnected' girls every rush who show up to Auburn recruitment and impress everyone. These girls, with no prior connections, get noticed because they look impeccably polished and poised and connect well to actives with their exceptional conversational skills and manners. When girls like this also have the grades and resumes and get their recs in, they get fought over. All chapters are looking for these girls during recruitment. Also please remember that 'bottom' chapters are full of the 'top' Auburn girls and are proud of their letters and love their sisterhoods and have the same social lives as every other sorority members.

By: Not true
by: confused Apr 22, 2019 12:15:25 PM

But there’s plenty of girls I’ve seen who had multiple recs for each house, looked nice, had great grades and resumes, and who still got cut by all but 5-6 houses for the second round. So how is that explained?

I want to rush but I want to have more than a handful of options...I’m not as beautiful or as accomplished as some of these other unconnected girls who are wowing everybody.

By: confused
by: NumbersApr 22, 2019 4:44:51 PM

The releases of all those great, qualified girls are explained by the fact that it is a numbers process. Your "options" as you call them are extended to you at the invitation of the sororities, not the other way around. Each house is given the number that they are allowed to invite back to the next round. So cuts have to be made, and they are large after first round, and believe me they are NOT personal. Pretty, smart, sweet girls must be released, and it doesn't mean they made a bad impression or did anything wrong or get judged as inferior in some way; there are just only so many that can be carried to the next round. There are always a few unconnected girls who really click during conversations and they get invited back, but there are also legacies that must be carried to the second round even though many of them get released before the third round, which is a whole lot of heartache for those girls and their families. And just like there is nothing wrong with those girls who got cut from certain houses, there is nothing wrong with the other sororities that weren't at the very top of your list either. Move on to where your real "options" are because they want you and there are pretty, smart, sweet girls in those houses. Please think of it as having 5-6 great houses for the next round and NOT being not good enough for the ones that didn't invite you back.

By: Numbers
by: Panhel Jun 23, 2019 11:44:51 AM

It’s all in numbers. If one person that you had a connection absolutely loved you, but three other girls you talked to liked you okay but you didn’t really leave a lasting impression, that one connection isn’t going to put you on top of the bid list as opposed to a woman who had no prior connections but came in and had absolutely phenomenal conversations with each woman she talked to. Bottom line is be yourself and truly try to find the chapter where you feel most at home. Don’t rely on that one girl who went to your high school, but graduated three years before you and kind of vaguely knows who you are to float you through to bid day.

By: Panhel
#2  by: wtf   

What makes you an expert on "every other SEC school"?

By: wtf
#3  by: ???   

I was out of state with 0 recs or connections and got a top house. just be yourself

By: ???
#4  by: ^^   

Okay, y’all can say this all you want but it’s NOT TRUE. Every “unconnected” girl I know got cut by pretty much all of the houses after the first round, even if they had an excellent resume, grades, recs, convos, etc. The only unconnected girls who get into top houses are extremely pretty ones. I’m sorry, but it’s true. I’m not saying this is good or bad or anything, it’s just that there are so many girls who do have connections that it’s almost impossible to get into anything above a bottom or lower mid sorority if you don’t know people. These lower ranked sororities are still amazing houses, but it’s sad that great girls don’t even get a chance to have other options.

By: ^^
by: ^^Jun 23, 2019 7:34:20 PM

And let me repeat that all of the houses here are AMAZING. This is not meant to be a dig at any house, but a dig at the system.

By: ^^
#5  by: 100% true   

You can still get into a good or "top" sorority without a lot of connections but you wont have many options. I knew a girl that went Phi Mu but only had 3 houses the second round because she didnt get recs and relied on her being a legacy. The rec letters matter and no matter what anyone tells you they dont just drop people who dont meet their GPA requirements the first day.
I wish Pi Chis were more honest with girls going through recruitment without recommendation letters, it's rough and you're more likely to get cut not just from top sororities but from recruitment entirely. If you look at every sorority around 50% of the girls are from Birmingham who has a lot of alumnae chapters so you find people at your church or go to those chapters and get rec letters.
A chapter has to invite any legacies back for the second round and recommendation letters give you more consideration. Unless you really wow someone with your converstion skills dont expect many parties on the second day.

By: 100% true

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.