facebook

junior transfer

by: Tulane

I was wondering what Auburn Greek Life's official stance on re-rushing was. I am a sophomore at Tulane who is thinking about transferring. I rushed my freshmen year and was initiated into a awesome house with some of the best girls I've ever met. I love my sorority and all the girls in it dearly but I don't think Tulane is the best fit for me. If I did transfer I would love to be apart of a Greek organization again but Auburn doesn't have my chapter. Therefore, I was wondering if Auburn sororities would allow in a previously initiated member? It makes me sad to think about giving up my letters, but Greek life is such a huge part of my life and is so important to me that I would hate to have to give it up because I transferred.

Thanks in advance!

Posted By: Tulane
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Panhellenic   

Nationally, not just at Auburn, says you cannot pledge another house once you have been initiated.

By: Panhellenic
#2  by: I find it amazing   

That you got into Tulane but don't know that once you're initiated into an NPC sorority, you can't join another one.

By: I find it amazing
#3  by: Sorry   

After initiating into a NPC sorority, you can not join a different one. If you de-pledge a sorority prior to initiation, you're free to rush after one year and accept a bid to a different group. After initiating, though, other letters are not a possibility. If Greek life is as important to you as you indicate and you don't want to give it up, you would need to stay at Tulane or transfer to a school with your sorority and hope that you can affiliate.

By: Sorry
#4  by: npc   

It IS possible to get initiated into another sorority. You must be an unaffiliated member of your current sorority for at least a year. Then you have to go through nationals and they will have to approve or deny you the opportunity of getting initiated into another sorority. This process will take close to two years, so by the time you are able to (IF you are granted permission by nationals) go through recruitment once again, you will already be a junior or senior.

By: npc

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.