facebook

bids

by: DeLaine

Im coming from out of state and aren't as pretty as some of the Alabame girls and I'm not a legacy! What sororities are easier to get a bid from and base bids mostly off of personalities? Thank you!

Posted By: DeLaine
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Been there.   

I had exactly the same fears when I came through recruitment, but survived that week AND having been on the other side of it multiple times now, I can see how unwarranted my fears were!

The reality is that even though Auburn has so many sororities and such a big recruitment, the process really does work like a charm and everyone tends to end up exactly where they're supposed to be. Try to look your best and put forth a good effort in getting rec letters, but don't put all your energy into worrying about your appearance or your non-legacy status. If anything, being from out-of-state AND a non-legacy will give you the unique opportunity to form your own opinions of the sororities as the week goes on, so take advantage of that!

My best advice for recruitment is simply to trust the process. Go in with an open mind and KEEP it open - there will be lots of gossip about the different sororities that week, but try to close your ears and follow your heart to where YOU feel most at home. Sometimes getting cut from a group you really like can be upsetting, but know that you are just that much closer to finding where you truly belong. Your future sisters, whichever group they may be in, will recognize YOU as the puzzle piece that completes their pledge class!

By: Been there.
#2  by: BigBlueEyes   

I agree with BeenThere! I had my heart set on one sorority and was cut from them the first day! I was so heartbroken, I almost dropped from rush week. But I went home, reviewed my notes from all the other sororities & regrouped. My Phi Chi was amazing and told me I will just "know" when I found the right one. As the week went on & I had to narrow down my choices, I thought I had made up my mind on which one was going to work for me. But on preference day, I walked into my future chapter room and was welcomed with the sweetest girl I had originally met the very first day of Ice Water Teas. The light went on and I realized that it was the best place for me! I am so happy with this great group of girls! They might not be the "Top Ranked" Sorority on campus, but that's not the right reason to be in a sorority! You will find the right one for you and you WILL KNOW it's a right fit. Keep an open mind & heart! Good Luck!

By: BigBlueEyes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.