facebook

Hazing Experience

by: girly

As recruitment is fixing to kick off, I was wondering what everyones experience is in terms of hazing. I had read a few allegations, but I definitely want to go into the process with an open mind as the information could've been completely false.

Posted By: girly
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Go Bears   

Hi there! So I personally have never experienced hazing from my sorority (Panhellic) and our new member coordinator was very adamantly against hazing and made that very clear to us. Before joining, I was very much not in touch with the Greek scene on campus, so I can't tell you really anything about other sororities (sorry!), but nothing really got back to me. That being said, I don't mean to diminish other people's experiences but I highly, HIGHLY doubt the very extreme stories in the previous post (not in Phi Mu and don't really know any of the girls, but I REALLY do not think any of the sororities on campus could get away with that.) But yeah, my hazing experience has basically been many, many talks against it and requests to inform other sisters if anyone tried. It definitely made me feel comfortable during my new member period.

By: Go Bears
#2  by: Tbh    

I was a Phi Mu and transferred to another school mainly bc of how badly I was treated as a freshman. Not the washing machine although chapter alumnae have said that our chapter used to do that. But older sisters would force me to take shots/chugs til I was throwing up. If we were in the house, they’d laugh and make me clean it up, if we were at a frat house or downtown they’d leave me there. Tbh if it weren’t for the nice random Mercer students who got me drivers or Ubers I think they would have gotten me trafficked or worse

By: Tbh
#3  by: hm   

so, there have been many allegations of hazing conducted by older phi mus in regard to alcohol. personally speaking, I had a roommate freshman year who came back into our room bid day night super upset, stating that an older sister made her a drink even though she had declined one when asked, then many pressured her to drink it and not put it down the entire time she was there (pretty sure they also pressured her into coming to the party in the first place). there have been allegations made against chi o as well regarding hazing during big/little week, but I believe these are only made because mercer greek life regards "scavenger hunts" as hazing and well... that can just be the nature of clues sometimes. overall, I think older sisters (of any chapter) can just forget what it's like to be a freshman and forget their 'light-hearted fun' doesn't always feel like that to new members sometimes.

By: hm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.