facebook

Sorority hazing???

by: as

I’m planning on rushing in the fall. I’m worried about hazing though, do any sororities here still haze?

Posted By: as
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hey   

Hey girl! In my opinion I haven’t experienced or seen any hazing. I have friends in every chapter and they also have not. Don’t be scared and go into recruitment with an open mind!! If anything bad happens at all you can always go to the head of Greek Life and complain and they will take care of it but I HIGHLY doubt anything will happen!! But recruitment is so much fun and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it!

By: hey
#2  by: LM   

The only sorority I have heard of doing anything close to hazing was Phi mu my freshman year. Most of it was alcohol/partying related though so even if you go phi Mu you should be fine as long as you stick with the right group of girls

By: LM
#3  by: Tbh    

Chi O still hazes during big/little week. Their initiation also involves a coffin (it’s been proved in court documents in a lawsuit against their arkansas chapter. You can google it)

By: Tbh
by: LOLJul 29, 2020 12:21:39 PM

It does not include a coffin that's just ignorance speaking

By: LOL
by: umAug 1, 2020 7:43:15 PM

I had a roommate freshman year who told me chi o forced her to chug alcohol and take her initiation test while she was blindfolded in the back seat of the car when she was a new member in 16. She also confirmed the coffin ritual thing.

By: um
by: lmaoAug 2, 2020 1:32:12 PM

@um ... sorry to burst ur bubble but ur freshman roommate was lying to u

By: lmao
by: @lmao Aug 3, 2020 12:57:22 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble, hun, but there were multiple other sisters/alumnae that have confirmed it. A professor at Mercer who’s a Phi Mu alumna explained that it’s based off of the initiation ritual for the myths of eleusis in Ancient Greece. And again, it is literally in court documents with sworn affidavits of many women.

By: @lmao
by: lmaoAug 3, 2020 12:18:44 PM

ok:-) believe yourself and a phi mu over someone who has actually gone through the initiation process in question:-) pretty close-minded to assume all chapters partake in all the same "rituals" anyway

By: lmao
#4  by: Tea   

I heard one of the sororities here will do a hazing ritual where they'll make a girl sit fully naked on a washing machine and they'll have a guy come in and circle any body parts that jiggle

By: Tea
by: Anti greekJul 20, 2020 11:15:34 PM

It’s phi mu! I dropped the chapter my sophomore year and they made us all do that. I’ve never felt more violated in my life.

By: Anti greek
by: HeygirlJul 21, 2020 9:18:53 PM

This is so false. What do you gain from lying?

By: Heygirl
by: Really?Aug 3, 2020 6:37:22 PM

This is absolutely false. No sorority at Mercer would EVER tolerate this. Hazing along lines like this does NOT happen at Mercer. Maybe some sororities have girls that are a little meaner or more superficial than others, but the vast majority of girls in any given chapter would never condone hurting each other in such a hateful way.

By: Really?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.