facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by: Haylie

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: MercerGreek   

1. Alpha Delta Pi
2. Chi Omega
3. Alpha Gamma Delta
4. Phi Mu
5. Zeta Phi Beta
6. Delta Sigma Pi

By: MercerGreek
#2  by: GreekGirl   

1. Phi Mu
2. Chi Omega
3. Alpha Gamma Delta
4. Alpha Delta Pi
5. Zeta Phi Beta/Delta Sigma Pi - I'm not sure about these two. I honestly don't know much about either, but both have really nice girls.

It really depends on what you're looking for though. Each one has its own pros & cons. And its own stereotypes (Phi Mu = Barbies & pretty girls. Chi Omega = Really fun & down to earth girls. Alpha Gamma Delta = really smart girls. lots of diversity. Alpha Delta Pi = nice girls. odd mixture of partiers and good girls.) However, these stereotypes aren't true & there are definitely exceptions.

By: GreekGirl
#3  by: MUalum   

I agree with GreekGirl.

1. Phi Mu
2. Alpha Delta Pi or Chi Omega
3. Alpha Gamma Delta
Not too sure about Zeta Phi Beta/Delta Sigma Pi either.

By: MUalum
#4  by: Ranker   

It depends what you consider to be "top tier." If you're going off looks and socializing its..
1. Phi mu 2. Adpi 3.Chi o 4. Alpha gam
If you're going off like classiness and community involvement it's..
1. Adpi 2. Phi mu 3. Chi o 4 alpha gam

By: Ranker
#5  by: Rush   

1. Phi mu
2. Adpi
3. Chi o
4. Alpha gam

By: Rush
#6  by: mubear   

1. phi mu
2. adpi
3. chi o
4. alpha gam

By: mubear
#7  by: Unbiased   

Here's a general description of each sorority after getting to know each one. Rank based off what you like.

Alpha Delta Pi
About 50/50 church girls and partiers. Used to only stick around Phi Delt, but have been branching out in the last few years.Tend to stick to themselves and are pretty stereotypical when it comes to looks. Most are really pretty and dress really nice. Tend to be education majors, but there are some science majors.

Alpha Gamma Delta
About 50/50 really smart girls and girls who go out. Had a pretty bad reputation in the past, but have more girls who like to go out and hang out with fraternities and party now. Mostly stick around Pi Kapp, but can catch a few at the other houses too. One of two sororities to meet quota on campus this year. Very diverse and not as stereotypical as some of the others, but there are girls who are.

Chi Omega
Main sorority known for partying and having fun. Rumors about lots of drama, but majority are really nice. Least strict rules of the four. Lots of involvement outside of greek as well, such as ROTC and have a few international students as sisters as well.

Phi Mu
Also met quota, but are more of the stereotypical sorority than any others on campus. Always dressed nice and are "take home to mama" kinda girls. Can catch a few out partying, but tend to stay classier than some of the sororities when out. Also very good at intramurals.

By: Unbiased
#8  by: ?   

Okay I'm am just adding to what Unbiased said: (and these are in no particular order)

1. ADPi:
Pros: They're the classy one's who put on a really good front. Seem really nice and friendly and honestly they are probably the most involved around campus and are in good standing with administration and professors.
Cons: Honestly, they're a little exclusive. Not necessarily in who the give a bid, but in how they act around campus. Known to just stick to themselves.

2. AGD
Pros: Really genuine and really sweet girls. Most that I know personally always are smiling and getting to know other people.
Cons: A little on the weirder side....some are really cool and nice and then other are just.....strange....known to give a bid to anyone.

3. ChiO
Pros: Probably the most down to earth sorority. Likes to have fun and are the warm, pretty type of girls. Girls you want to be around.
Cons: Known to have a reputation with partying and sleeping around with too many fraternity guys. Called Chi "Hoe" for a reason.

4. Phi Mu
Pros: Sweet, nice, bring home to your mother type of girls. Classiest of the four and also very involved and friendly.
Cons: Fall into the typical sorority category. Also they are known to put up somewhat of a front with their sisterhood.

By: ?
#9  by: Greek   

Mercer is too small of a school to really have a proper "tier" system. You could argue Phi Mu is top tier, but after that they're all kind of lumped in the same category.

By: Greek
#10  by: Greek Lover   

Honestly, it's all based on what you are looking for. Their really isn't a "top tier" here. ADPi, ChiO and PhiMu are on even playing field really because they have equal amounts of good, pretty, and fun girls. And while there is friendly competition, the sororities here are actually pretty close. I'm not affiliated but i have friends in each of these 3 sororities that i genuinely love because they're great people. And they all have friends in the other sororities as well. They all love their sisterhood and are happy where they are. It's really just how you feel about them and where you would fit in when going through recruitment as to where you want to pledge. Hope this helps anyone thinking about rushing! But don't let these comments and post influence your decision. You'll be so much happier if you pledge where you can see yourself fitting in and not based on stupid comments like some of these.

By: Greek Lover

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.