facebook

rush opinions (sorority)

by: ‘21

Whats everyone’s opinions on how rush went this year? Feel like it is more messed up seeming than other years

Posted By: ‘21
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: sorority_girl   

Could you elaborate a little?

By: sorority_girl
by: :Sep 1, 2019 6:42:13 PM

Lots of people either didn’t get matched or dropped, I thought the system works better normally

By: :
#2  by: anon   

I agree it was not “mutual” selection at all. some groups have way diff people than I thought while others seem to make sense idk

By: anon
#3  by: Anon3   

It was so stupid. People r usually mad that it’s based on looks but tons of pretty girls even dropped ... pledge classes don’t match the older girls in some houses. Worst rush the campus has seen in a while

By: Anon3
#4  by: Rush was weird   

Literally gorgeous girls got dropped while some really random people ended up places it was super weird this year the system really sucks

By: Rush was weird
#5  by: anon3   

those girls didn’t have to drop, the frats just make them so terrified of tri delt that everyone drops the house

By: anon3
by: AnonSep 3, 2019 12:43:01 AM

The only reason the girls get matched with tri delt is because they give anyone bids not because it’s where they would truly fit in. Girls shouldn’t have to accept a house they don’t fit in at and lots don’t fit in there at all considering their other houses. Like some (a lot of) girls want the parties so it’s not just cuz of frats opinions. Tons of girls had mid-top tier houses but then when too many people wanted those their only other choice was tri delt since they invite like everyone back who doesnt have 4 other houses wanting them. It is a way different option unlike girls who had similar houses and were fine with either so really it is understandable for people to not accept the bid.... so many people dropped before pref night but they got just as many bids as the other houses so of course tons of girls would get it on pref night even though it is not their personality. Also the fact they spread around the saying that most people get their first choice bid was a complete lie so

By: Anon
by: Bump Sep 3, 2019 9:23:06 AM

Bump Anons reply that’s exactly it. Word for word period

By: Bump
by: ReplySep 3, 2019 11:29:03 AM

But frats are the ones that host parties so it is the opinion of the frats that matters if you’re talking about parties

By: Reply
#6  by: reply   

No one got “dropped”... girls chose to drop

By: reply
#7  by: yaaano   

literally it has nothing to do with how frats “view tridelt”... people wanted to join a sorority to meet people in THEIR class. When everyone in THEIR class drops, how could you not either.

By: yaaano
by: okSep 3, 2019 11:36:36 AM

Tea.....

By: ok
by: dan ayalaSep 5, 2019 10:24:58 PM

but like ppl drop cuz the frats dont party with them... like if there are parties ppl wont drop, and then girls will meet people in their grade. so yeah it kinda does have to do with how frats "view tri delt"

By: dan ayala
#8  by: unrelated   

Kinda a different rush topic but kappa is the only one of top this year sry (at least new PC)

By: unrelated
by: idkSep 4, 2019 12:00:38 AM

idk aphi pc is pretty solid

By: idk
by: /Sep 4, 2019 2:04:17 AM

oh I meant as opposed to kappa & dg both being on top like normal. Aphi is kinda a weird mix of ppl who seem more like kappa, piphi, or agd ....not what I expected.

By: /
#9  by: Comment   

This hasn’t been mentioned but they really did not account for the fact that the sophomore class is way bigger than any other class.... like pledge classes are smaller than last year I don’t understand why more girls couldn’t have been let in their top houses. That would’ve been better than the fact next year they will have to report that so many girls dropped and didn’t receive their first choice bids. They really glorify the system and act like it’s way less harsh than it is here. Even sororities act way different during rush than they act literally right after bid day.

By: Comment
#10  by: Same every year   

This process is the same every year....messed up and ppl drop. They should change the process similar to the frats have events longer than 20 min at a pop. How to you get to know people in such a short amount of time. Maybe then the girls rushing can really know if they would fit with who they think is their top choice is. They might actually be surprised by what they find out with spending more time with certain groups.
Also i think having parties with the same people over and over again gets boring. Lafayette branch out do this as a community have parties with more than one group. It might actually benefit everyone in the long run.

And my last comment Tri Delta girls are like everyone else. Sweet, funny ,smart and beautiful inside and out! Instead of dropping give it a chance during the trial you might actually find you belong more than you thought. Make your own decision instead of listening to others.

Good luck to all!

By: Same every year
by: YeetFeb 14, 2020 2:38:02 PM

Yeah I feel the same way, as someone who has been on both sides of recruitment, it is a terrible process. It's really superficial, which leads to a ton of girls feeling like theyve just been judged on their looks.

By: Yeet

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.