facebook

how much are fraternity dues generally?

by: N/A

I’m gonna be rushing this fall, and I wanted to get a ballpark estimate on how much fraternity dues are generally gonna be costing here at KSU?

Posted By: N/A
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Cam   

Hey Brodie, new members pay about $100-$150, if you get initiated into a fraternity, it’s about $500-$750 a semester depending on the fraternity (you can always go inactive if you can’t come up with the money, but you’ll still be a brother of that respective fraternity)

By: Cam
#2  by: Scrappy the Owl   

By: Scrappy the Owl
#3  by: GreekBoi   

Hey man, let me start by saying hope you rush!
let me tell you about the cos of greek life for a PNM / Pledge.

so most fraternity dues are going to be around 200-900 a semester.

and that's a really big difference and what's different is what's included.

the fraternities that will advertise 200 don't tell you that you will have to buy shirts, pay for date nights and other social events like formal, mountain weekends and whatever else that they make you pay for. that will run you about AT LEAST 500-600 more on top of the 200.
now you aren't required to go to all those extra things but as a pledge, if you don't show interest and go and get your name out there. you won't make it even halfway to being a brother. but of course, they cant FORCE you to go and pay for this so they will blackball you on some dumb pretense they rebranded to handle it that way.

the fraternities that are charging 600+ are the fraternities that are all-inclusive with dues or heavily subsidize depending on what chapter.
you will get a free shirt, you won't have to pay for date nights or anything like that if you pick a fraternity with higher and higher dues because they are already budgeting accordingly.
at most you would pay for a fraternity that charges 600-900 a semester for new members is 5$ for a sweatshirt instead of a shirt or if they decide they wanna upgrade an event to something nice and they need to generate just a little more cash.

but regardless of the chapter I 100% guarantee, you will be paying AT LEAST $650+ no matter where you go. it's just about whose being upfront and whose not.

if a fraternity says dues are 200 two weeks after you become a pledge they will come asking for more cash I guarantee it. frats don't run on pennies. This will cover fees for insurance, nationals, IFC, and pins. but that's it.

By: GreekBoi
by: GreekBoiSep 1, 2019 12:15:25 AM

date nights and mixers etc run anywhere from 8-20$ a pop and they have multiples of those every semester. forgot to mention that.
so remember its pay as you go or all inclusive.
please keep in mind that fraternities with higher dues DO HAVE PAYMENT PLANS!!
so you dont have to cough up 600,700,800 or 900 immediately.
you get to split it up over the semester so its 150-225 a month from sept - dec

by: GreekBoiSep 1, 2019 2:04:26 AM

For brothers dues are
lowest end 500
Average 650-680
High end 700+
Initiated brother dues are always cheaper cause you don’t have to deal with new member initiation fees and extra insurance cost and stuff.
And can still do payment plan so even at 700 dues are still affordable and since dues start from beginning of semester it can be spread out more so at 700 you’d pay 140 a month aug - dec

by: GreekBoiSep 1, 2019 2:08:39 AM

Keep in mind that again, the higher the dues the less stuff you have to pay for.
Some fraternity dues are 700
But they don’t pay for date nights and food at tailgates and events an d you get other stuff at cheaper cost cause everyone is paying for it so they buy bulk.

Some fraternity dues are 500 but they pay for there own food, there date nights are out of pocket, they buy there own shirts etc.

Always go for the more expensive. There’s a reason the big school like Alabama, Arizona, and stuff have dues that are thousands of dollars. The more money a frat brings in the more events they have, the more stuff brothers enjoy, the wider there reputation becomes.

Only way a fraternity with small dues works is if you have very brother willing to pay out of pocket cost all the time. But it’s more expensive in the long run. Lots of last minute expenses you don’t think of or forget about.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.