facebook

unbiased fraternity ranks from mid guy.

by: Mid guy.

I'm a guy from mid who wouldn't trade my time or brothers for the world. there are 9 groups who are REALLY worth your time here, and 4 that are great but without all the parties and pressure that come with the other 9. Parties, tailgates, socials, philanthropy, grades, brotherhood, all these and more go into my ranks so bare with my explanations.

KS SAE DTD

Upper mid(almost top)
OX PKP

(Really there isn't a whole lot of separation between these 5, BUT ox and pi kapps trouble has them a bit lower in my eyes)

Mid
SNu KA DSP DX

Lower mid
OXi SP TKE AEPi

Bottom
GDI

DTD
Pros:athletic, very involved with the school and win a lot of events, great grades, good philanthropy involvement, athletic, cool guys, win some school events every now and then, great brotherhood.

Cons:no name recognition(bad nationally), treat woman badly, pull is inconsistent with some groups(ZTA), too competitive which gets them into fights. Try hards.

KS
Pros:name recognition, good philanthropy involvement, good brotherhood, best tailgates, pinetree parties don't get shut down, good pull.

Cons:there isn't a fraternity here that isn't put off by their attitudes, which gets them into fights, pinetree parties are very limited year round due to landlords. Douchebags.

SAE
Pros:name recognition, best parties and joints, really laid back and cool guys that get along with everyone mostly, great brotherhood.

Cons:guys are softer due to no pledging, grades are really bad. Cupcakes.

OX
Pros:a lot of history at KSU, good pull, good parties, west 22 manor allows them to party whenever, good philanthropy involvement.

Cons:no name recognition and bad nationally, get into trouble a lot, west 22 parties get shut down before midnight Everytime, too competitive which gets them into fights. Try hards.

PKP
Pros: a lot of history here, best social every year (risky), pinetree parties never get shut down, great pull, good philanthropy involvement.

Cons: get into trouble a lot, don't get a long with very many people, dont usually get into fights, little name recognition outside of the southeast. Tools.

KA
Pros:name recognition, really nice chill guys that get along well, great brotherhood, active with their philanthropy and social lives, while being to a lesser extent both are still solid. Good grades.

Cons:they don't have the history that other groups have so they need to work harder even with name recognition, while they stay active they aren't as much as others. Douchebags

SNu
Pros:very involved with philanthropy, great grades, win almost every school event, name recognition, great brotherhood, a lot of history even though most isn't at KSU.

Cons: social lives and pull still need work, very competitive but rarely get into fights. Try hards.

DX
Pros:very good socially, best joints, solid pull, great brotherhood, nice guys that get along with pretty much everyone.

Cons: not great grades, little name recognition outside of some areas around the country, not very involved with philanthropy. Tools.

DSP
Pros:very nice guys that get along with everyone, very involved with their philanthropy, win some school events sometimes, great grades, good brotherhood.

Cons:little name recognition, sort of soft, need to work on improving pull and social aspects. Cupcakes.

Posted By: Mid guy.
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: honesty   

the school is changing a lot, pretty sure they just trying to kill greek life since every party at west or pine tree is raided and no one wants to drive out to Marietta.

still there are a few groups here that are rock solid, and a few on the struggle bus.

ks pkp dtd

sae snu ox

ka dx dsp

oxi sp aepi tke

there are a lot of sketch rumors flying around lately about some fraternities in the top 2 groups trying to figure out a way to maintain their numbers... some of you know who im talking about, and it reflects in my personal ranks.

having sae over pi kapp is too soon in my opinion, sae is a really cool group and all but they need to work on their philanthropy efforts and involvement more. even with pi kapps 1 year suspension they are solid. if pi kapp doesnt recover and sae keeps throwing some good joint and tailgates then switch them.

the only reason i have delt over sigma nu is the difference in social lives and what sororities they bring to joints and socials. snu isn't bad socially at all, in fact they are solid, but they are clearly behind other groups socially.

KA DX and DSP might be getting less guys than other groups but they dont have to relegate to sketch strategies to remain relevant, like dues exemptions, and not reporting some initiates or brothers to school or nationals. i think they have a better chance to survive than some other groups in the top or mid....

By: honesty
#2  by: Yup   

Everyone is worth it but why did you leave theta xi, sigma pi, tke, and AEPi out of your pros and cons? I know not a lot of people know them too well but they are still worth mentioning.

Personally...

KS PKP SAE DTD SNu

You can't go wrong with these 5.

OX KA DSP DX

TKE SP AEPi OXi

All 8 are good options but the middle 4 are competing with the top 5.

By: Yup
by: YupFeb 25, 2019 1:03:03 PM

I'm also fairly certain we will be losing at least 3 fraternities in the next few years if rush numbers don't pick up. I have no idea why we let theta xi on, I doubt they make it to full recognition.

By: Yup
#3  by: probably   

KS and PKP are probably always going to be the top 2 fraternities here in my opinion. KS is dominant in tailgating season and formal season, and pi kapp having risky and a dominant formal season.

delt is chill AF but a lot of sororities think of them as the new pike now, which they brought on themselves, but are probably just as good as pi kapp and ks.

SAE is always a great fraternity to throw joints with and they have a big name to draw in attention. their only problem is nationals f.....g them with pledgeship, it lets lot of sft dudes slip through the cracks but overall they pull party and tailgate better than most dudes do here.

SNu and OX are the exact same fraternity. i think sigma nu is better, even though they Both try WAAAYY too hard. Atleast SNu wins with their effort,but OX has much better parties though. OX also is always in trouble for something.

KA and DX are also really similar to me, really nice guys who always bring tons of girls to joints. KA has the better name but delta chi has been here much longer. they're both equal to me but take your pick.

Delta Sig is a good group who doesnt have the big name or the history here but they do have a good amount of guys. they have a really good time here.

By: probably
#4  by: bump   

yup, everyone has their own opinion.

if you go..

ks pkp ox dtd snu sae dx ka dsp

you will have a good time, make good friends, get the grades, raise for philanthropy, etc.

if rush numbers don't pick up..

aepi oxi tke sp

will probably disappear, no interest for smaller groups without bigger national names.

By: bump
#5  by: I see it   

Big 3
KS PKP DTD

SNU SAE DX OX KA DSP

Upper mid
OXI AEPI TKE SP (PKA, RIP)

Mid
There is no mid or bottom.

By: I see it
by: IdkJul 4, 2019 8:43:30 AM

I agree. if rush numbers aren’t getting picked up sooner then I do think some of the other fraternities will disappear. Although OXi might have a good chance of sticking around to my surprise as they’ve done good for their first year. It will be interesting to see how ATO does this fall

By: Idk
#6  by: unbiased   

these are all good. everyone has their own opinions.

By: unbiased
#7  by: Good info   

I agree.

By: Good info
#8  by: Switch   

Switch OX and SNu.

By: Switch

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.