facebook

POC in sororities

by: Not included

As a woman of color I feel very excluded from the Greek life system at this school. I rushed for every house and did not get a bid. Chi O was very nose up in the air towards me and the thought of me being in their house (they are one example of many) I plan to try and rush again in hopes that I can get a bid. I’m very outgoing and love to meet new people. I just do not understand why all the houses have specific and racial standards when accepting new members. I was told at AXiD during rush from a member that I should look into the non phc sororities as they’d be a better fit for me. What a shocker that all the non phc sororities are women of color or minority. So what’s going on guys? Why is everyone so racially biased?

Posted By: Not included
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Tridrizzy    

It’s not that we don’t want you, it’s just you don’t fit into our groups 🤷🏻‍♀️ The pictures would look all wrong

By: Tridrizzy
by: HmApr 15, 2021 4:04:32 PM

Kinda suspicious that this post gets made....then 2 minutes later this comment is made. Either you lurk on this website or this whole post is a set up to make K-State look bad.

By: Hm
by: Yes Apr 16, 2021 6:35:14 PM

Interesting how busy the board all of a sudden gets. Can you say “agenda?”

By: Yes
#2  by: Gpa   

Just by chance, did you have a low GPA going into recruitment? A lot of girls with low GPAs get dropped immediately from houses. I’m not saying it’s not racially motivated, but that could be one explanation.
But also, if you do think this is 100% because of your race, why do you want to rush again? I would tell your story and stay away from greek life. I had a horrible greek experience and would recommend staying far away if your experience is already this bad

By: Gpa
by: Not included Apr 15, 2021 4:37:17 PM

No I had a 3.75 in high school and am majoring in microbiology and I currently have a 3.86 GPA right now as a freshman. Honestly I want to rush again because I want to fight the stereotype every girl in a sorority is tall blonde and white. If rush ends up going as it did then I will take that as a lesson and not even associate with Greek life from then on

By: Not included
by: HelpApr 15, 2021 5:06:09 PM

Contact Strip your letters for KU on Instagram it’s @stripyourletters. They don’t have a kstate chapter yet but tell them about your experience at K-State and ask to remain anonymous. That way you can still rush and start fighting the stereotype now! They have a huge audience and maybe you can be the beginning of a strip your letters organization at kstate. Good luck to you, glad you’re sticking do your guns on this one!

By: Help
#3  by: BLM   

As a black man I can testify that this is true amongst fraternities as well. I wanted to pledge to several houses and none of them even cared to listen to me or ask what my major was. I’m majoring in chemical engineering btw. Graduated with honors in high school. I was secluded from the white men along with other minorities during the whole rushing phase. They didn’t even want me as a house GPA booster. You hate to see how far white privilege and money can take you at this university.

By: BLM
by: Strip your letterApr 16, 2021 9:46:52 AM

I mentioned this to the original poster but you should share your story on @stripyourletters on Instagram. They’re based out of KU but there’s no K-State chapter yet. I also had a horrible experience in Greek life that was non race related but they’d probably love to help you share your experience.

By: Strip your letter
by: falseApr 17, 2021 11:44:41 AM

this is a lie

By: false
#4  by: Hello    

You’re giving yourself away. This board is not that active. But keep liking and responding to your own posts anyway to make it seem like this is such a hot topic. lol

Complete set up in order to promote a narrative.

By: Hello
by: Eat it Apr 16, 2021 11:56:17 PM

How many poc were initiated into your house this semester? 🤔

By: Eat it
#5  by: RURL    

Most groups would bend over backwards in the hopes of more minority representation. I don’t think KSU is an exclusionary campus by any means. It turns out to be a financial issue more often than not - for anyone and everyone regardless of their skin color. I wish there were more scholarships given out by nationals honestly.

By: RURL

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.