facebook

joining a fraternity as a veteran

by: current military

I’m getting out of the marine corps soon, I was wondering about joining greeklife as an older student.
Thanks and I appreciate any responses.

Posted By: current military
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: IFC   

I’m sure you can find a house you can fit in here at K-State. That being said. Many of the nm are younger guys if that’s not a problem. But there should be plenty of guys to make lifelong friends with. I would rush and see what you think yourself, and make your decision then.

By: IFC
#2  by: Hashha   

I’m sure there are a lot of houses you would fit well in. I’ve known houses that have had no issue with older members joining, and given your military history, any house would be lucky to have you. Here’s some houses i would recommend checking for someone like you:

1) Delta Sig - Good in academics & very involved with lots of connections on campus. Not a huge party house though if that’s something you’re looking for. Is getting a house renovation next spring
2) Delta Upsilon - really great guys over all. Similar to Delta Sig, are a little bit better socially though and are good in intramurals as well. Very well rounded over all.
3) AGR - good house and guys if you come from a farming/ag background. Party pretty often.
4) Farmhouse - basically a mix between AGR & Delta Sig & DU. Good in academics
5) Theta Xi - well established as the academic house. Also they just got a house renovation.
6) BUX & ACACIA - good houses if you’re religious. Very nice & respected guys, a bit awkward though
7) Phi Delt - good guys, kind of the stereotypical frat house except they don’t have parties in their house
8) PIKE - kind of douchey guys, but are the stereotypical frat if that’s what you’re looking for
9) Beta theta pi - sporty guys, frat, kind of douchey but can be cool

Houses I’d stay away from (just me personally, if you end up liking one of these houses then go for it!)
1) sigma chi
2) pi kappa phi
3) phi kappa theta
4) beta sig
5) Fiji
6) sig ep
7) lambda chi alpha

By: Hashha
#3  by: current military   

I appreciate the responses y’all, will definitely look into all of these houses. And yeah, I have no problem with younger guys.

By: current military
#4  by: current military   

Bumping because I have questions about rush

By: current military
by: RushingJul 4, 2019 1:04:03 PM

Rushing is pretty easy. Most fraternities have websites that you can go onto and fill out a form. A rush chair will contact you and fill you in on all of the details. I hope you take the opportunity, because, when done correctly, greek life is a wonderful thing

By: Rushing

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.