facebook

sorority

by: Sarah

I just transferred to school here from an out of state school but I am interested in joining a sorority next semester. JWU semesters run differently and I see that Sororities have their bid day right before the semester ended in december so I am confused. Do you get a bid at the end of the semester and start your pledge process when you get back from break. Could someone please explain greek life here confuses me

Posted By: Sarah
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hey   

if you're confused why don't you contact the office of fraternity and sorority life?

General recruitment page: jwu.edu/content.aspx?id=11096

Panhellenic recruitment page: jwu.edu/content.aspx?id=11120

Greek life contact page: jwu.edu/content.aspx?id=11036

sorry, formal recruitment already happened, but it's possible a chapter might be doing informal at some point before next formal recruitment...I'd contact fraternity and sorority life to ask about that

greekchat also tends to be a good resource...greekrank is not as good a resource

hope that helps!

By: hey
#2  by: Sweetheart   

Hey Hun, so basically there are different councils and they all do recruitment differently, but the way PanHellenic Council does their recruitment is: we typically hold a "Formal" recruitment session in the winter to take classes. But during the fall and spring, these times are optional, which are called "Informal" these times can vary depending on our Nationals.

By: Sweetheart
#3  by: <3   

Bid's usually go out right before the fall trimester is over.
If you get a bid from a sorority you start the rush process once the winter trimester starts!

By: <3
#4  by: welcome   

You're going to love the Greek System.

By: welcome

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.