facebook

sorority real tea

by: SAVE UR COIN

listen up freshman. As a sorority woman, I regret joining. I made great friends I probably wouldn’t have meet without joining but sororities are so expensive, time consuming and MANIPULATIVE. There are so many requirements and rules, being apart of a sorority just isn’t fun anymore. Attending events started to feel like going to work. I’m apart of a sorority known to have a “strong” sisterhood but I can tell you with certainty that no sorority on campus has a strong sisterhood, so what’s the point of joining?? Because you care and no one else will tell you here is what is wrong with every chapter:

Alpha Phi- the entire exec board last year was either terminated or dropped. Leadership is poor
AXiD - POOR sisterhood, never around
Delta Gamma- lost nearly half of the chapter last year to graduates and self terminations, also still recovering from last years bid day insistent.
Delta Zeta- lowest retention rate for a reason, sisterhood is poor
Phi Mu- ok they are on the rise but still a lot of internal problems, sisterhood has been an issue since I’ve been at Kent and remains and issue
Sigma Delta Tau- officer board is a joke, mash up of people, lowest fundraising
Tri Sigma- lowest GPA, low numbers and just generally struggling as a chapter

Posted By: SAVE UR COIN
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: YES   

COMPLETELY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING SAID. I wanted to be in a sorority my whole life and thought it was going to be a blast. When I got in one at Kent, I realized how wrong I was. Even in your own chapter, it’s a popularity contest and there isn’t true sisterhood. You get fined for not making events. You have to pay a fundraising fee if you don’t fundraise enough. Leadership in chapters is always such a huge issue. It isn’t fun anymore. Not one of the chapters is worth it. It’s disappointing to see greek life as what it is now

By: YES
by: SAVE UR COINSep 21, 2019 9:21:27 PM

I think we’re in the same chapter :)))

By: SAVE UR COIN
#2  by: New transfer student    

Hi, can you please give me your ig so I can message with more questions...I’m about to start rush but want the real info

By: New transfer student
#3  by: New transfer student    

What about chi omega

By: New transfer student
by: sororitySep 23, 2019 10:29:51 PM

Go into recruitment with an open mind. I honestly forgot about chi o but I find them to be the most genuine just not around much. There are good people in each sorority, who knows you might love a chapter and have a better experience than I did. Keep an open(ish) mind during recruitment, if you feel uncomfy in a chapter, there is probably a reason which is NOT your fault. Recruitment is brutal but I suggest to stick with it. Each chapter has problems but they all have the best interest at heart. Good luck with recruitment!!!

By: sorority
#4  by: ???   

What happened to DG last year on bid day?

By: ???
by: yikesSep 26, 2019 11:21:02 AM

they gave bids shots and blow :-)

By: yikes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.