facebook

getting back in a house

by: iowa

can a fraternity get back into their house right after coming back from being off campus or do they have to wait a certain amount of time?

Posted By: iowa
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: New rules   

University just passed horrible new rules. If a chapter comes back (after the new year) they have to wait 5 years before they can have a house. This makes no sense but ifc thinks that will fix greek life

By: New rules
by: SIG EP'rFeb 5, 2023 7:34:43 PM

None of the suspended frats that lost their house aren't likely to be back in the near or even distant future. don't quote me but I believe that getting suspended is a university matter, losing the house is a Nationals matter. When you piss off Nationals it takes a long time to get back in their good graces.

It's a shame (moreso shame on the university and IFC) to look at all those in this situation
Delta Chi
Sigma Chi
Theta
Acacia
Pike
Probably FIJI once the trial starts this summer

By: SIG EP'r
by: ^somewhat rightFeb 6, 2023 1:04:18 PM

Only Pikes nationals own their house. Everyone else I believe is owned by a housing corp. So as long as the housing corp is ok not being affiliated with the university they can do what they want. Example of this is Acacia. With suspended frats going to be able to come back probably next fall, it will be interesting if the university updates the 5 year rule.

By: ^somewhat right

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.