facebook

Fraternity Pledge Classes

by: SIG EP'r

Mr IFC - do you have numbers from fall rush for each house? We have a healthy class from formal rush and picked up a few more during some infomral gatherings. Seems like the total number of those going through fall rush fell dramatically when the IFC took away live rush events and went to ZOOM.

Posted By: SIG EP'r
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Numbers guy   

IN ORDER FROM FORMAL RECRUITMENT
1. Sig pi: 38
2. Sig ep: 33
3. Sig chi: 32
4. Phi psi: 29
5. TKE: 24
6. Pike: 23
7. Pi kapp: 21
8. Beta: 20
9. Fiji: 9
9. Lambda: 9
11. D Sig: 8
12. DTD: 7
13. AEPi: 5
14. A sig: 4
15. ATO: 2
15. DU: 2
17. Phi Kapp: 1

By: Numbers guy
by: YikesSep 23, 2021 1:27:59 AM

Less than 300 freshmen joining a chapter… Iowa is really succeeding at killing greek life, congrats to those top 8 chapters that have sustainable numbers

By: Yikes
by: anonSep 27, 2021 12:38:59 AM

lambda is 10

By: anon
by: BruhSep 28, 2021 9:12:49 AM

lambda is not 10. go look at the their insta. it’s 9

By: Bruh
#2  by: Tre   

Sig pi bidded everyone they could before they lose their house. I wouldn’t be surprised if they got a kid who’ll snitch on them for something.

By: Tre
#3  by: Lolz   

D sig going to still post about being a mid house after pulling 8 guys in a perfect year for mid teir houses to grow

By: Lolz
#4  by: New to Greek Life   

Still can't believe Fiji picked up 9 guys. What happens to those guys when Fiji get their charter yanked - can they join another house or once they go through ritual they are stuck with Fiji and their ankle tattoo.

By: New to Greek Life
#5  by: Iowa alum   

My son and most of the guys he knows only got invited to pref night from
The Frats they never even met with. Something seems very strange about the whole process. These are smart, normal, cool guys. I wish I knew what was going on

By: Iowa alum
by: Reality Check'rSep 23, 2021 11:08:43 PM

What houses did your son hope for and which ones bid him? If they didn't take the bid then they should try to attend some informal events with those houses they like to see if there are any connections. This was supposedly a common theme since fall rush was virtual vs live. Virtual rush is a joke, thanks IFC.

By: Reality Check'r
#6  by: Iowa alum    

I believe most of them COB’d. Not sure how you hear about these informal
Events. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

By: Iowa alum
by: Reality Check'rSep 24, 2021 6:17:55 PM

If he knows people in the house or pledges just have your son ask them about any upcoming gatherings. He could also reach out to the house president or recruitment chair to express his interest in their house. Please remind your son - he doesn't have to necessarily join the largest or most popular house, it has to the house the best suits him from a fitting in standpoint as well as personality. I can you tell my house has seen a shift away from so-called douche bags from Naperville to a more inclusive bunch of guys. The change has been good and we continue to attract good guys.

By: Reality Check'r
by: JohnjohnSep 24, 2021 9:05:57 PM

What house are you in….

By: Johnjohn
by: Reality Check’rSep 25, 2021 1:53:15 PM

JohnJohn - based on my unofficial rankings of all house (regardless if active or on suspension), my house is in the top 3.

By: Reality Check’r
#7  by: JBo   

Sig pi, sig Ep, and phi psi give bids to anything with a pulse. Big number guys

By: JBo
by: SIG EP'rSep 28, 2021 2:50:15 PM

At a point it switches from brotherhood to a money grab for the house. Can you really get to know (virtually mind you) 33 guys in order to give them a bid. In my eyes it cheapens the brand. it's my house but I'm a transfer in so not really tied to its history.

By: SIG EP'r
by: TreSep 28, 2021 5:38:10 PM

Sig Pi especially since they're losing the house. Would not be surprised if they bidded the wrong kid and he gets an allegation or tattles on them

By: Tre

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.