facebook

number of girls taken

by: OSU girl

Anyone know how big the pledge classes were? Or who got the most girls? Met quota?

Posted By: OSU girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: welp   

quota was 50, relatively small pcs this year. as far as i know, gphi, axo, pi phi, dg, and chi o made quota (just from me knowing ppl in those chapters) but not sure about others!

By: welp
by: OSU girl Jan 21, 2020 8:45:15 PM

I wonder why they were so small. Did not as many girls rush as normal? And I have been seeing on here that several were dropped. Interesting.

By: OSU girl
by: PHAJan 21, 2020 10:31:02 PM

It’s because there were under 800 PNMs at the end of it. We started with over 1200. Alone, 1200 is following the path of declining amount of girls signing up for recruitment. Frats are having the same problem. It’s a Greek like thing. So about the same amount as always dropped the process, but there was less to begin with

By: PHA
by: hithereJan 21, 2020 10:42:19 PM

i kno aephi met quota too

By: hithere
by: yepJan 22, 2020 1:02:12 AM

pretty sure the ones that got dropped though were mainly just from the usual single-preferences that occur

By: yep
by: ???Jan 22, 2020 3:21:04 AM

Maybe they need to rethink the algorithm process and go back to the way things were in the old day’s when you weren’t penalized for suiciding. This whole keep things even among houses process appears to be hurting Greek life as a whole. Just a thought.

By: ???
by: NahJan 22, 2020 5:39:18 AM

It’s not punishing girls who SIP to reward those who maximize their options. Pre-RFM there were no guaranteed bids at all, so even those who maximized their options weren’t safe from being released after pref. There were actually more PNMs who wouldn’t match, not fewer.

That’s like saying getting a tax refund check is punishment for those who choose to take allowances from their taxes. It’s your right to do that, but it’s not how the system is designed so don’t get mad when the odds are against you.

By: Nah
by: Here are the factsJan 22, 2020 10:50:06 AM

To ??? who feels OSU shouldn't punish those suiciding,it's like this: Ohio State PHA and Greek Life does not set the rules. The algorithm and the process is established by the National Panhellenic Conference (and overseen during recruitment by an NPC representative) in order to allow more bids to go out to PNMs who choose to maximize their options. It also gives chapters with lower return rates a better chance at making quota.
The problem lies in the PNMs who think they are too good for certain chapters and either drop when they can't have their favorites or suicide when they aren't willing to accept a bid from a chapter they think they are too good for.
It works on most campuses but doesn't work for specific girls who feel they are above a chapter that didn't drop them.
Everything is on the NPC's website if you want to read it.

By: Here are the facts
by: oJan 24, 2020 5:06:32 PM

gphi had some snap bids

By: o
#2  by: AGD   

agd made quota

By: AGD
#3  by: idk   

does anyone know who didn't make the quota and will most likely do informal because of it?

By: idk
by: OpeJan 22, 2020 9:23:55 AM

Alpha phi was snap bidding so they didn’t

By: Ope
by: noJan 24, 2020 10:21:11 AM

snap bidding just means the number of actives in ur chapter isn’t at the greek average and you are allowed to offer more spots, so this would make their pledge class 50 +however many snap bids they will offer

By: no
by: @noJan 24, 2020 1:38:56 PM

That's not how that works. It's for chapters that don't meet quota.

By: @no
#4  by: osu bb   

i know kappa made quota as well

By: osu bb
#5  by: Hello!    

Gamma Phi made quota, too❤️

By: Hello!
#6  by: hi   

pi phi, aphi, dg, tri delt all made quota

By: hi
by: .Jan 26, 2020 2:10:45 PM

Aphi gave out snap bids they didn’t make quota

By: .
#7  by: e   

zeta made quota

By: e
#8  by: ????   

how many girls did aoii get

By: ????
by: 7Jan 27, 2020 4:43:41 PM

7 girls

By: 7
#9  by: KD?   

So sounds like KD didn’t make PC numbers

By: KD?
by: just curiousJan 24, 2020 12:52:54 PM

Did you hear that from someone, or just guessing?

By: just curious

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.