facebook

what happened to pi phi?

by: Osu sorority

I wasn't at Oregon state when pi phi was dropped. I've been hearing a lot about something had happened. Can anyone shed some light? Also is gamma phi beta coming back this fall?!

Posted By: Osu sorority
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: BeaverBeliever   

Pi Beta Phi got kicked off of Oregon States' campus in the mid 00's for several hazing incidents that occurred at the chapter. I got this confirmed from one of their alumni who told me about it. I assume that nationals came in and dealt with it by taking away their charter automatically. Gamma Phi Beta I believe (and have heard through the grapevine) are supposed to be coming back.

By: BeaverBeliever
by: CardinalAug 12, 2015 1:35:52 PM

Gamma Phi Beta will not come back to OSU until all sororities are stable with numbers. They won't be back this fall and probably not anytime relatively soon.

By: Cardinal
by: College LifeFeb 27, 2023 1:47:32 AM

This is inaccurate information. Pi Beta Phi was closed - along with other other campus sororities- because of dwindling Greek numbers.

By: College Life
#2  by: Go Beavs    

What's wrong with their numbers? Maybe if panhell advertised or tried to get more women to rush...

By: Go Beavs
by: CardinalAug 13, 2015 6:58:54 PM

Yup. Panhellenic should do that. Not as many girls formally rushed last year. It was steadily going up, but last year dropped. Panhellenic is waiting until all the houses are at capacity and have retainment to add another sorority.

By: Cardinal
#3  by: Queen of Italia..    

President of these United States..former Miss Oregon.. former Miss Portland.. former Miss America.. Pi Beta Phi will RETURN to Oregon State University and we will bring our sisters in Greek Gamma Phi Beta with us..oh I am also head of National Panhellenic..

By: Queen of Italia..
by: what??Sep 29, 2020 1:32:01 PM

there has never been a pi phi president lmao theres never been a woman president. barbara bush was a pi phi but she was also an accessory to war crimes

By: what??
by: Oh good god Sep 29, 2020 6:52:01 PM

She was an accessory to none of those things. Now...hillary and benghazi...Check yourself and get off here. The money woman is dead. She can’t hurt you anymore.

By: Oh good god
#4  by: Good one. Lmao    

Sorority expansion happens when total goes up, everyone gets quota etc. they just lowered total so no expansion for awhile. Gamma phi had first option and they couldn’t find a house. AOPI was next and they started without one until they bought a small bread and breakfast place before they bought the old Phi Kappa Tau house by phi Delt.

By: Good one. Lmao
#5  by: Why?   

Why bring up a 5 year old post?!

By: Why?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.