facebook

Toxic Greeklife

by: Curious

It’s weird because I feel like typically the more selective “top tier” houses would normally put down the “lower tier” houses. But at UO and on this site it seems like the lower tier houses are the ones consistently trying to put down other houses while the bigger chapters kinda just stay quiet and do their own thing. Can someone explain?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: insecurity   

insecurity at its finest. im in a middle tier house and the amount of girls in the house they are salty they didnt get the top tier they "belong in" is ridiculous. dont get me wrong, i KNOW there is drama in top tiers but for middle tiers the majority of it stems from insecurities. the top houses have nothing to worry about status wise so houses like kappa, tri delt and KD just fight constantly to be "top" of middle.

By: insecurity
by: OkApr 7, 2020 2:57:29 PM

Is there anyone to change that culture? I feel like this is a big problem in our community—chapters are really quick to turn on each other. Probably plays into why houses are getting in trouble so often here

By: Ok
by: @ okApr 7, 2020 3:23:00 PM

nah, all greek life is toxic like that lol

By: @ ok
#2  by: truthy   

So much this^. So so much. At least know what you are buying.

By: truthy
#3  by: hmmm   

The Geeek System is toxic by nature because its devolved into nothing but rankings based on looks and upper and middle tiers acting like they are better then lower tiers to the point of not even going to their philos. Its a morally bankrupt system for people who mostly peaked in high school and cant get over that feeling. Its 2020 ... move on.

By: hmmm
by: <)Apr 8, 2020 12:36:04 PM

Shiieeet you right

By: <)
by: Someone’s hurtApr 8, 2020 2:54:59 PM

Nah its just about partying lmao

By: Someone’s hurt
#4  by: Tru   

Theta, even DZ, are chill but look at Sigma Kappa. Girls pledge knowing it’s bottom house and then do nothing but try to bring other houses down to their level. Honestly bottom tier isn’t really involved in Greek life and their drama should not reflect the overall system

By: Tru

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.