facebook

sorority interest

by: VM

I want to know which sorority I should join, I did do my research but for THIS CAMPUS I don't know which sororities are BEST ! help , upcoming 2019 freshman

Posted By: VM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Summatime    

If your only interest in which is the “best” you are joining for the wrong reasons. Go in with a biased-free mentality during recruitment and you’ll find the chapter which is the best for you.

By: Summatime
by: Maddie_odu23Sep 18, 2019 11:11:41 AM

It’s literally ZTA or nothing! All my color group wants ZTA, all my friends want ZTA, it’s no joke not even a close second choice. ZTA has it all!! Hoping to run home to ZTA! So exciting!

By: Maddie_odu23
#2  by: Yes Gurl!   

1. KD
2. AXID
3. ZTA
4. DZ
5. Tri Sig
6. Pi Phi
Most girls going thru FFR will see each sorority has its own style. Enjoy the fun each sorority has to offer.

By: Yes Gurl!
#3  by: FFR   

Top 3
1. Delta Zeta
2. Zeta Tau Alpha
3. Alpha Xi Delta
Middle 3
1. Tri Sigma Sigma
2. Pi Beta Phi
3. Kappa Delta
Bottom
1. Alpha Phi (not participating in FFR)

By: FFR
by: Funny! Jul 20, 2019 4:53:53 PM

Both DZ & Tri Sig have come along way but both are still the bottom two!
1. KD
2. AXiD
3. ZTA
4. Pi Phi
5. DZ
6. Tri Sig

By: Funny!
#4  by: eh   

Alpha Xi Delta might be pretty but they are not nice to other chapters and that's why they are not popular on campus.

I vote up for KD, Pi Phi, DZ, and even ZTA.

By: eh
#5  by: Depends    

It really depends on what your view of BEST is. Honestly ODU offers an organization for all types of girls. Take advantage of the opportunities at the beginning of the fall semester such as the Beach Bash to talk to the girls in each of the sororities. I’m sure you’ll find a great one!
All these rankings are silly so don’t pay attention to them!

By: Depends
#6  by: Yippieyeee   

In terms of popularity (not sure what you’re referring to by “best” because they each have unique qualities)

A phi (won’t be participating in ffr; irrelevant)
ZTA
Pi Phi / AXiD
KD
DZ
Tri sig

By: Yippieyeee
by: yepJul 26, 2019 6:57:45 PM

yea to be honest ZTA is going to be the most sought after and then the rest will follow. they'll get most of the girls who would have gone aphi, and then pi phi and axid will get the rest. kd will still be middle, dz and tri sig last.

By: yep
#7  by: KaylinODU23   

How many girls will both ZTA and KD be able to take?

By: KaylinODU23
#8  by: ?   

Can you just pick one sorority and not go to all the others?

By: ?
by: bepeacefulAug 27, 2019 2:12:28 PM

You must go to every sorority at least once during ffr. I would not recommend putting all your effort into one sorority - even if they're already your friends, even if they promised you a bid (which is absolutely not allowed and you should report any bid promising to your recruitment counselor). You will greatly diminish your chances of getting into ANY sorority with that attitude. We can tell when you're not interested but that doesn't mean you should be rude during conversations nor should you lie and tell us what you think we want to hear. It's best to be yourself and be enthusiastic for the opportunity. I cannot stress how important it is to go in with an open mind.

By: bepeaceful
by: LiesAug 27, 2019 2:53:57 PM

Don’t trust those whack recruitment counselors! They “pretend” to care but they are snitches! You have to go to all the sororities the first day then you pick the ones you want to go back to. If you aren’t comfortable being around some of the pushy, aggressive or just strange sororities then don’t go to them. If you feel confident you will receive a bid from your first choice then just put that one down! Do what you want. Those recruitment counselors are just there to help the girl that are clueless and unsure of what they want. They aren’t really your friends!

By: Lies
by: ODUSep 15, 2019 5:42:20 PM

So you actually do have to go to all the sororities you’re called to during rounds. If you don’t, you will not be eligible to get a bid from anyone

By: ODU
#9  by: Truth   

1. DZ
2. ZTA
3. KD
4. AXID
5. Pi Phi
6. Tri Sigma

By: Truth
#10  by: True   

You should go into this with an open mind, and not worry about who’s the “best”
That being said, the ranks have been changing lately, and some are known for being more sisterhood based than others, but you need to determine that on your own

By: True

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.