facebook

greek housing

by: ?

will UNF be getting greek housing sooner or later?

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: so   

i hear around 2015 but will not have housing for all chapters

By: so
#2  by: ...   

Your school is on a protected nature preserve. Every new building development is going to be a fight just to get approval. Good luck on getting greek housing approved...And your school is headed by Delaney, the same guy who thinks a school needs 8+ million to field a football team. Since there are private colleges fielding football teams that don't even have endowments that large...I doubt he'll want to allocate funds to help greek students have a better collegiate experience.

By: ...
by: SwoopMar 11, 2013 11:42:56 AM

"..." clearly doesn't know what he/she is talking about! UNF builds new buildings ALL THE TIME. The 150,000 square foot Student Union was built in 2007, the 75,000 square foot wellness complex (fancy gym) and the large new dining facility were both built in 2012. The University is currently looking into building a new multi-faith chapel, a new multi-purpose building over by housing, and yes, a Greek Village.

"..." is ALSO wrong about Delaney, who by the way is Greek himself (he was in Delta Upsilon at the University of Florida), because President Delaney is right about the cost of football. He knows what he's talking about; he didn't pull the dollar figure out of thin air. The appropriate people have looked into how much it would cost to start a football program and it's in the double digits of millions for various reasons including, but not limited to, building the facilities and providing the scholarships for the athletes. (And btw, your use of the word "fielding" as an adjective in that context is totally inaccurate. Perhaps you should have gone to UNF to get a proper education.)

Finally, President Delaney cares VERY MUCH about allocating funding so students have a better collegiate experience (this includes Greeks). If you listen to him speak at meetings, this is one of his primary concerns. Obviously you have NO clue what you're talking about so I don't know why you bothered to answer this question you were clearly unqualified to answer.

By: Swoop
#3  by: Actually   

A UNF greek village is actually underway now! Info can be found on t.he website

By: Actually
#4  by: ANON   

Rumor has it that fraternity housing will begin construction 2014. But there's no sorority housing anytime soon

By: ANON
#5  by: anon   

sorority housing is in the planning stages. one chapter in particular(of which wil go un-named) does not have their funds together for their house, so when in the meetings to approve housing with Panhellenic and the university and everything else, their representatives vote against the motions and the vote has to be unanimous so us girls are sitting around waiting for them to find money to build their house when we have everything in order and ready to go.

By: anon
#6  by: ?   

anyone have info on the houses. in the decision making process of where to go to school and definitively going to rush. just want to know how soon UNF will have frat houses

By: ?
#7  by: the new guy   

Alright, so i'll be starting in summer 2014, do you think that i should go greek?

By: the new guy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.