facebook

I fell out of love with my org

by: It’s so sad

When I was rushing, the org was gorgeous, peaceful, and was run really well. I had so many high hopes for this sisterhood and was beyond excited to be a part of it. Then the president graduated and the new one that was elected was insanely rude. They still kept the facade that I fell in love with. Now that there’s and even newer president, she has completely ruined the organization. She’s made the org’s rep plummet, and we are starting to symbolize things that really don’t align with what the founders wrote. Everything is wrong and in 2022, I want to actually prioritize my peace. Should I leave?

Posted By: It’s so sad
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: It’s so sad   

Also to add, is there ever a way to join a new sorority?? I feel like I was cheated and lied to into an org that was nothing like it said it was. I don’t align myself with anything the other sisters stand for and literally every semester i’ve felt like i’ve made a massive mistake. I wish i knew better, but I was just a freshman.

By: It’s so sad
by: It’s so sadDec 31, 2021 6:49:30 PM

and they’ve outrightly lied to me and other PNMs and new members the entire time i’ve been there. They told be they stood for “X”, and then actually stood for “Y”.

by: hey Dec 31, 2021 9:17:27 PM

unfortunately you can’t join another panhel sorority if you have been initiated if you don’t mind me asking which org is this?

By: hey
#2  by: Just do it   

If this is the org I think it is you’re just better off dropping…these girls won’t change and stop paying money to something you’re not fully happy in

By: Just do it
by: It’s so sadJan 2, 2022 6:26:55 PM

But the thing is…I wanted to be in greek life so bad. I genuinely enjoy the activities, the fundraisers, the volunteer work, and I’m genuinely proud of what the founder’s wanted for the org. What I can’t stand is the people who have been doing everything to make the org fall apart. Back when i rushed, these members were not in positions and did not make the “rules”. When some of the coolest people graduated, these members “took over” and it’s been havoc ever since.

#3  by: Panhel2k2   

Let me guess… is AST your org?

Their leadership keeps quitting or getting removed. I’m sure they’ll have yet another new president soon enough.

If you weren’t initiated, you can switch orgs. If you were initiated, you can never join another Panhel org. You CAN, however, join an MGC or non-Panhel org.

By: Panhel2k2
by: …Jan 8, 2023 7:52:51 PM

This isn’t exclusive to ast… zta leadership has been ousted more than once but no one wants to talk about that I guess

By: …
#4  by: .   

Tell your chapter advisor! They can’t do anything if they don’t know there is a problem

By: .
#5  by: LastTauStanding   

I feel for you. My sorority is the same. Each semester it gets worse and worse and I will not remain an active next semester. I am so disappointed in Alpha Tau and regret joining more than anything.

By: LastTauStanding

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.