facebook

Diversity in core four?

by: Nervous

I’m rushing in the fall and am an African American girl. What are my chances of getting one of the “core four” houses? Be honest please

Posted By: Nervous
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: you’ll be fine   

you’ll be fine. to answer your question, there’s more diversity in dphie and kappa than aephi and zta, but it’s so much more about the connections you make. also, please please do not limit yourself to the core four. you could find sisterhood anywhere! follow the chapter and individual sisters’ instagrams and wait till we’re in person to get a better answer for yourself. hope that helps :)

By: you’ll be fine
by: (: May 24, 2020 3:44:39 AM

Dphie and zta have more diversity than kappa and aephi typically but I agree with everything else that was said! Connections can be made anywhere.

By: (:
by: mmmMay 24, 2020 12:56:41 PM

i think zeta/kappa aren't different enough diversity-wise for it to be significant. dphie is more diverse than them both, while aephi is less.

By: mmm
#2  by: Oh   

Good question but kind of weird that someone thinks there's any such thing as a "core four" at NYU. We aren't that elite or competitive y'all. This isn't the SEC.

By: Oh
#3  by: speaking from experience    

in my opinion, zta is by far the most diverse of the core four, followed by kappa and dphie. i don’t think any of them actively try to discriminate, but even just looking at the Instagram pages of each you can see which ones prioritize putting out the image of “traditional” skinny white beauty. it definitely is still a problem, even at nyu. regardless, the way you click with the girls will always be the top deciding factor for sororities during recruitment

By: speaking from experience
by: noMay 28, 2020 12:22:30 PM

zeta is not the most diverse

By: no
by: !May 28, 2020 2:07:25 PM

I have to agree, zeta is the most diverse across the board. Not just when it comes to black and white, but all minorities are represented. Dphie does a pretty good job in this area too.

By: !

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.