facebook

sorority descriptions?

by: pnm

What is each sorority like? What is the best quality of each? I know I have to go through rush to meet everyone, but I’m just curious. Also do they get along with each other?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Snaicbs   

I don’t think I can really give a good description of every org because everyone is very different! But I will say I think in general everyone gets along. You’ll meet other girls in Greek life at Josie’s, around campus/in classes, at frat events, etc and it’s always an instant connection and a great way to make friends with them! I’ll also say you’ll make friends in your rho gamma group that will undoubtedly be in different orgs than you so stay in contact with them! From recruitment and just by chance I’ve met really awesome girls in almost every org

By: Snaicbs
by: NYJun 18, 2019 11:42:40 AM

BUMP THIS ALL SUMMER! Rushees need to see this.

By: NY
by: yesssssJun 27, 2019 4:27:10 PM

So true! Being in any sorority is great because you're part of such a strong community at NYU. It's an instant connection with people in other orgs. I've met so many great women outside my own org through other greek life events. I met one of my best friends at Greek Week!

By: yesssss
#2  by: a positive take   

aephi -- beautiful, put-together, athletic
dphie -- fun, lots of energy, life of the party
zeta -- close-knit, humble but fun
kappa -- diverse and well-rounded
pi phi -- really involved on campus, artsy/creative
dg -- fun, kind, philanthropic
ast -- empowered, tight-knit, genuine, sisterly

By: a positive take
#3  by: My take   

DphiE: fun to be around and very stylish
Kappa: amazing sisterhood you can see from far away
DG: very genuine and great philanthropy events  
Aephi: beautiful on the inside and out
AST: very smart and driven 
Zeta: super laid back and always a good time with them
Pi Phi: very friendly

By: My take
#4  by: :)   

First off, let me just say that it’s so refreshing to see a positive thread haha. That being said...
Aephi: top NYDM fundraisers, friendly, fun
Ast: so sweet, close sisterhood
Dg: Great campus presence, genuine, philanthropic
Dphie: energetic, Greek week champs, Panhellenic
Kappa: nice, warm
Pi Phi: kind, smart, inclusive
Zeta: fun, laid back, smart

By: :)
#5  by: wow   

i'm honestly pleasantly surprised by the positivity here! goes to show that it's possible to make distinctions between orgs without bringing any of them down. here's another take, but with some frat relations in the mix:

AEPhi- super fit, tend to be somewhat wealthy, really put-together (associated with AEPi)
ZTA- very laid-back, lowkey (mixes with top frats)
KKG- career-focused, sisterly, tight-knit (mixes with everyone)
DG- genuine, involved, inclusive (mixes with on-campus frats)
DPhiE- trendy, enthusiastic, fun (associated with DKE)
PiPhi- academic, artsy (not many mixers but when they happen it's only with on-campus)
AST- close-knit, warm, genuine (mixes with on-campus frats)

By: wow
#6  by: panhel love   

love this thread! to address the question of whether the sororities get along, yes they do. Obviously there may be some girls who don't get along with others, but that's personal and doesn't reflect on panhel as a whole. most girls have friends, or at least friendly with, girls in other sororities.

By: panhel love
#7  by: Hi   

Hi just wanted to bring this thread back up to the top :)

By: Hi
#8  by: Positivity   

Bringing this post back. With all the rude, negative (and frankly, untrue) comments targeting specific organizations, it’s important to remember leading up to recruitment that this site is nothing compared to the real world. In the real world, each sorority is amazing and PNMs will see that in the room. Any post bashing another sorority is from a place of insecurity in their own org

By: Positivity
by: :)Sep 5, 2019 4:17:18 PM

Bump this :)

By: :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.