facebook

npc only rule

by: The CLE

What happened to the directive for all sororities becoming NPC organizations by Fall 2013? Phi Mu came in but have any other NPC sororities expressed interest to take on other locals? What will happen with the other local sororities?

Posted By: The CLE
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: CSUreview   

The directive was to get the sororities to agree to be absorbed into NPC organizations, not for them all to be mandated by Fall 2013. Its a process and theres almost never a scenario where more than one organization comes at the same time. Its a process, and Phi Mu was the first organization to come to campus. More will be on their way.

By: CSUreview
#2  by: which sororities?   

I'm thinking of going to Cleveland. Which sororities will be there? I'm interested in Chi Omega, Delta Zeta, and Zeta Tau Alpha. Will any of them be there?

By: which sororities?
by: CSUreviewJan 21, 2014 1:55:43 PM

Currently there is Phi Mu and Theta Phi Alpha for national sororities. We have just opened for expansion again for the upcoming year, I'd assume the next organization will begin in the upcoming fall.

by: CSU SororitiesApr 7, 2014 7:27:07 PM

You can find DZ and ZTA at BW and ChiO at JCU but not currently at CSU. You currently have two NPC choices and I would encourage you to give both a chance. Hopefully the others will be absorbed soon so you will have another option.

Congrats to Phi Mu on their success!

By: CSU Sororities
by: amkApr 18, 2015 9:31:46 PM

Just some advice from someone in a sorority, all chapters are different so don't go in with your mind set on a specific chapter, you might find that you fit better with a different group of girls but with your mind like that you won't be able to realize it. But good luck and i hope you find what you want!

By: amk
by: GreekGirlAug 29, 2015 12:36:48 AM

Only DZ at CSU, they are currently a colony. You never interacted with DZ, how do you know if you like them? Formal Recruitment is a mutual agreement, you may like them, but they may not like you. Give all sororities an equal chance.

By: GreekGirl
#3  by: ASPman   

This is from my personal experience where we had nothing but local sororities up until about 3 years ago on my campus. Once Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity and Delta Phi Epsilon came to my campus all the locals went national and got absorbed at the same time. So we not have Phi Sigma Sigma and Alpha Sigma Alpha, as well as Delta Phi Epsilon. There is still one that is a local. So if you guys are trying to get NPC one national should set off a chain reaction.

By: ASPman
by: CSUreviewFeb 13, 2014 7:25:12 AM

That makes perfect sense, as well as me talking to the Greek Coordinator about it. Phi Mu has great success already, so I have great faith that it will continue!

by: CSU SororitiesApr 7, 2014 7:30:43 PM

CSU and Capital are two completely different campuses. CSU is a higher percentage commuter by far and NPC/IFC chapters will need to work harder than they do on resident campuses.

CSU has had IFC chapters for years when Capital just added IFC recently. I don't think you can compare the two campuses at all.

By: CSU Sororities
#4  by: notgonnatell   

Either Delta Zeta, Delta Phi Epsilon, or Alpha Sigma Tau will be the next NPC sorority installed on campus.

By: notgonnatell
by: DZFeb 8, 2015 6:33:09 PM

DZ will go anywhere. It's an NPC joke. IMHO, you should consider DPhiE or AST before DZ.

By: DZ

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.