facebook

Not joining greek life

by: Hi

I’m a incoming freshman girl and I do not want to join greek life but am scared people will think I am lame if I don’t. What’s the consensus on girls that aren’t in sororities?

Posted By: Hi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: helpful upperclassmen    

You’re still thinking in high school mode where what other people think about you matters. The difference between high school and college is that people literally aren’t thinking or talking about you. College is too big for people to really care about anything outside of their social circles.

Don’t join if you don’t want to. Plenty of people don’t. BUT be prepared to have to make new friends come spring semester. Most people lose touch with their non-Greek friends because it’s such a big time commitment and they always have to go to greek related events on the weekends. It’s not always easy for the ones being left behind (aka you).

At the end of the day you’ll be fine if you don’t rush. You’ll be fine if you do. Decide for yourself and don’t let other people’s opinions of you decide for you. Leave that high school shizz behind.

By: helpful upperclassmen
#2  by: Reply   

Don’t make any decisions yet. You have all fall semester to decide and see what the Greek climate is like. I didn’t think I was going to rush till the second half of first semester and I’m so glad I did. It helped me so much socially and academically

By: Reply

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.