facebook

what’s the vibe of each sorority?

by: Yo

I see all these rankings and was wondering what each sorority is like?

Posted By: Yo
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: K   

Everyone who asks this type of questions really just needs to go thru rush and decide for yourself. I get wanting to be prepared and all, but there's no point in getting your sights set on certain sororitys before you even meet them. Trust your heart, trust the process, and remember that EVERY sorority can be a great home. These chapters are p big so you in every single one there will be girls you don't vibe with and girls you do. Be patient and get off this biased site.

By: K
#2  by: greeeek   

first off, i would say don't pay too much attention to sorority instagrams. they're fun to look at, but don't assume that because one sorority insta has more followers or something, that means they're more popular than another. some of the "top tier" sororities have less followers than lower tier ones. second, i would just look at what people are saying on this site. i know it's biased and self ranks are everywhere, but there is still plenty of hard truth to be found on this site, a lot of people just get mad when an honest ranking comes out. look through the discussion posts, but ignore the official ranking on the sororities section, it's waaaaaaay off. like laughably wrong. also, when you're actually going through rush, you'll hear from girls you're rushing with who is popular. also, you will just be able to get vibes off of a sorority. good luck and go greek!

By: greeeek
by: hmmJun 18, 2019 1:41:34 PM

this isn't very good advice imo. some posts on this site are ok, but for the most part it's useless. literally nobody talks about ranks in real life. no sorority really gives a better experience than another, just different...and even then they're not THAT different. pnms don't need to listen to who is "popular" lmao. use your own brains and make your own judgements. if you dont like a chapter, fine, but make it be YOUR thoughts, not greekrank's or another pnm's.

By: hmm
by: @ hmmJun 19, 2019 2:30:05 PM

i get your perspective and agree that all sororities are good in their own ways, but based on what i know from my experiences in my sorority and having friends in other organizations, i think that your experience in one sorority compared to another can be really different. and maybe you don't personally hear a lot about tiers or ranks in real life, but i definitely hear about it, so it may just differ person-to-person. and i'm not saying that popularity is the most important thing to look for when rushing, but some girls honestly care about that more than other things, so i was just giving my advice for those pnm's who are only interested in joining sororities who are considered "top tier" or whatever. it would be nice to think that pnm's don't care about rank, but a lot do

By: @ hmm
by: ^^Jun 19, 2019 3:39:13 PM

I agree more w/ "hmm" here. It is true that girls can have super different experiences in each org. But (at least in my experience) this isn't a campus where girls will get judged or left out if they're in a certain sorority, which I think is what most PNMs worry about. I bet it happens sometimes, but I really don't think it's that deep for most people?? Especially since most students are independent and couldn't care less. In my experience PNMs obsess over tiers waaaayyyyy more than actual Greeks do.

As far as PNMs focusing on popularity, of course that happens, and it's understandable because most of them are fresh out of high school where it's a big deal who the cool kids are. But instead of feeding their desire to go top tier or nothing, I think it's better to remind them that tiers really don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

That kind of attitude only hurts PNMs because it makes them feel insecure if they get cut by certain orgs, when there's no real need for them to feel that way. And it hurts our Greek system because when girls decide they would rather not be Greek than be in XYZ, it makes it harder for XYZ to grow. The people who are telling PNMs to make their own choices are right. Because the girls who let themselves be influenced by meaningless bs are the ones who usually end up unhappy with their rush.

By: ^^
by: thisJun 27, 2019 4:24:48 PM

@^^ preach it!!!

By: this
by: BAug 2, 2019 9:58:37 AM

Bump

By: B

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.