facebook

Would I be too old ?

by: PLEASE HELP

Hello! I’m thinking about transferring here and going through recruitment! I just have a question a if someone wouldn’t mind answering.

I’m going to be 20y/o this August & I wouldn’t be coming here until fall of 2021, which would make me 21 years old, is that too old to rush?

(I did go to college for 1.5 years here in my home state but sadly had to withdraw due to personal & family reasons, with the time off I have gotten my esthetician’s & nail tech license! But now my family has decided we’re moving to Cali! I’m excited but kind of nervous and thought greek life would be the perfect way to make friends going to a new school.)

Also I know that was all a lot so if you missed it my question is : is 21y/o too old to rush?

Thank you!

Posted By: PLEASE HELP
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: 🌴   

Definitely not. Many people go through as juniors & seniors.

By: 🌴
by: Please helpApr 21, 2020 11:08:17 AM

Thank you so much!!

By: Please help
#2  by: πŸΌπŸŒΉπŸ»πŸƒπŸ¬πŸ”±πŸ’βš“οΈπŸŒ™πŸ•ŠπŸ‘‘πŸ“β€οΈ   

No is not old ! Seniors and juniors definitely go though recruitment especially the transfer students.

By: πŸΌπŸŒΉπŸ»πŸƒπŸ¬πŸ”±πŸ’βš“οΈπŸŒ™πŸ•ŠπŸ‘‘πŸ“β€οΈ
by: Please helpApr 21, 2020 11:08:50 AM

Thank you very much I’m just nervous lol

by: πŸΌπŸŒΉπŸ»πŸƒπŸ¬πŸ”±πŸ’βš“οΈπŸŒ™πŸ•ŠπŸ‘‘πŸ“β€οΈApr 21, 2020 3:22:06 PM

Don’t be too nervous about sorority recruitment . I rushed as a upperclassman . Many sisters in my pledge class were juniors and seniors . Whatever house you get into I’m sure it will be a great experience for you.

By: πŸΌπŸŒΉπŸ»πŸƒπŸ¬πŸ”±πŸ’βš“οΈπŸŒ™πŸ•ŠπŸ‘‘πŸ“β€οΈ
by: Please helpApr 21, 2020 3:32:18 PM

You’re so encouraging<3 truly, thank you!!!

#3  by: Tea   

No! Gphi accepts anyone no matter especially old heads. You should be fine. They’re known to have an old pledge class

By: Tea
#4  by: Welcome!!!   

21 is not old. We would love to have you go through recruitment. You won't be even close to the oldest person. We are very open-minded and we don't discriminate based on age. The only sorority that seems to focus on younger girls and freshman is Alpha Phi. You probably won't fit in there. But there are 7 other sororities that will be happy to have you!

By: Welcome!!!
by: @PLEASE HELPApr 24, 2020 12:21:59 AM

every single sorority recruits juniors and seniors, including alpha phi. the person above sounds like they have a personal grudge against them, don’t listen to where people tell you to fit in. some people hold a lot of envy in their hearts for no reason. just wait until recruitment :)

By: @PLEASE HELP
by: meApr 24, 2020 1:29:49 AM

To the person above who says the poster is against Alpha Phi. I disagree with you, and that's not how I read it. I think she is just saying that they have a younger vibe, and focus more on freshman. I think that's actually true. I was 21 when I went through recruitment and Alpha Phi seemed too young for me, so I didn't put them on my list after Day 1. That was my decision for me.Everyone makes their own decisions.

By: me
#5  by: TY   

No 22 isn't old at all to rush.

By: TY
#6  by: Please help   

Thank you everyone(: I look forward to a new beginning!

#7  by: Beach life   

No, Many older non traditional students rush fraternities and sororities. 21 is a little older, but plenty of juniors rush even a few seniors. 21 is an average age of an potential new member.

By: Beach life

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.