facebook

is alphi phi really that bad

by: incoming freshman

I'm an incoming freshman that is thinking about rushing. my mom was a member/sister at the Alpha Phi at ISU, so of course before doing research that sorority was at the top of my list. but reading all of the back and forths between the 5.0 ranks and 1.0 ranks is really confusing. can any non biased person tell me whats really going on

Posted By: incoming freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: get off greekrank   

there are definitely things about alpha phi that are a little sus (lack of philanthropy events, dirty rush, national recruitment policies based on looks) but something about every house has been torn apart by this website when in reality there’s something great about all of them. alpha phi definitely has an aesthetic that they try to maintain but that doesn’t make them all bad people you just have to know if that’s something you care about. take the time to interact with every house and decide for yourself where you think you would be most comfortable. also get off greek rank it’s so toxic. hope this is helpful!!!

By: get off greekrank
#2  by: dawg   

you have to weigh it for yourself. if you want to be friends with the women in alpha phi, you have to also decide if you are okay being recruited and recruiting women younger than you based on looks. you can participate in and win philanthropy events, but you can also go roundabout ways to make sure you win rather than worrying about supporting causes. every sorority has its pros and cons. if you decide that alpha phi is worth it, then it will be worth it to you.

By: dawg
#3  by: dawg again   

additionally, legacies are an awesome connection!! and hopefully your mom’s experience as an alpha phi was awesome. the national policy on recruiting based on looks is relatively recent - I.e. the alpha phi your mom joined is not the alpha phi you would join. I’m sure that if you asked your mom why she joined alpha phi, she would give you awesome reasons, and hopefully when you rush you find a place that makes you feel that awesome, no matter the letters

By: dawg again
#4  by: Go Dawgs!   

The reason A Phi has that rep is because an ex-Phi from a state school posted a blog about how they recruited based on looks. Nationally, Phi has a “look,” but from what I’ve seen by being friends and classes with girls in A Phi is that there’s a lot of different types of girls, and most of them are super nice and outgoing. And in reality, the Butler sororities have stunning and genuine girls!!

Green rank is just where people go to bash on other houses, for lots of reasons. A lot of the time things aren’t true! It’s really important to focus on what values you align with and where you see yourself best, and you’ll figure that out during recruitment!!

By: Go Dawgs!
by: NoMay 4, 2020 12:10:07 AM

That state school excuse is not true. A Michigan APhi posted it, but it is a national policy. This is why Alpha Phi has someone standing at the door with a clipboard - to mark down who is pretty enough to stay and who has to go. It’s honestly a shame because it makes all sororities look bad

By: No
#5  by: Amber   

Aphi sucks

By: Amber

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.