facebook

cob

by: tryingtounderstand

Why do some sororities advertise COB and others don't? How do they determine if they are doing it? Which sororities are doing it?

Posted By: tryingtounderstand
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hi   

So to begin, a chapter is only allowed to COB if they are below total (the median number of members a chapter has). So here, only a few sororities are going to Cob because we only have 7 chapters. Some sororities have policies as national organizations that say that if they are below total, they HAVE to cob to try to reach total. Some organizations leave it up to the chapter to decide whether or not they want to try to cob. Also total gets reset each semester, around the first day of classes in fall and after recruitment in spring, so a chapter that COBs in the fall may not in the spring and vice versa. As far as advertising that may also be policy from nationals but I can’t speak for every sorority on that one. I do know some sororities try to focus on girls who are friends of girls in the house to fill spots but others don’t. This semester, axo, tri delta, and Pi Phi were eligible for cob, and axo and tri delta have finished for the semester. I think Pi Phi might still be taking people but I’m not sure, so if you’re interested I would reach out! Hope that helped!

By: Hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.