facebook

real greek rankings

by: Greek student

Greek Life at FSU is pretty terrible. A lot of off campus frats and sororities who are not affiliated with the school. Pretty much a much of GDI's with letters. I wouldn't rate any one fraternity "top-tier" because they are all equally bad, but i"ll do my best. Here are the IFC one's in no particular order.
SAE- The next biggest on campus after PMD. They get in a lot of trouble and even lost their pledging rights last semester because they sent a kid to the hospital after a rush party. Their parties are OK when they throw them, but not great by any means and they rarely have them. They also are involved enough on campus to notice, but in reality they really don't do a whole lot. They have some cool guys, but a lot of weird ones. (see the trend of Greek life here yet?) Pledge process is decent but they also hand out bids to anyone.
PMD- Probably the biggest fraternity as far as numbers go, but that's because they are newer and don't really have a pledge process. Some guys are alright, but most are really weird. They don't party at all, but they are the most involved on campus. They probably raise the most money and do the most community service. They hand out bids like candy on Halloween
Sig Tau- They are getting better. Probably around the same amount of actives as TKE and they just lost a lot to graduation. They hardly do any community service and they can't put together a fundraiser to save their lives. Seem like a bunch of alcoholics. Like every org, some weird ones

Posted By: Greek student
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Greek student   

(Sig Tau (cont...)) ..and some cool ones. Their last pledge class was actually decent and athletic which they haven't had in awhile. They do throw the best parties because they have the best party house in Frostburg. They are getting a lot better with involvement on campus, but they need to stay out of trouble with all the off campus incidents.
TKE- Same level as Sig Tau, except they can actually put on a fundraiser and make profit from it. They do some community service but not a lot. Only about half of their members actually come to on campus events. They don't really throw parties anymore since they lost their party house due to too many busts previous years. Their pig roast is probably the best thing they throw and they make a lot of money off of it. They are progressing but still have work to do.
Off-campus- doesn't matter. All are bottom tier.

By: Greek student
#2  by: Brother Boomer   

I agree with everything you say except for the ranking of off-campus fraternities. The off-campus fraternities are about the same in ranking as the recognized fraternities. They are off campus because they don't answer to no one, and don't pay FSU the ridiculous Greek fees. In my opinion the rankings are as follows
1. Delta Phi Omega
2. Omega Kappa Zeta
3. Kappa Chi Kappa
4. Alpha Delta Chi, Alpha Theta Chi, Sigma Tau Psi(was Sig Tau you mentioned, now off-campus
5. Omega Epsilon
I welcome anyone to retort this and explain to me why you believe that off-campus fraternities are inferior, or that my rankings are inaccurate.
Thank you
-Brother Boomer

By: Brother Boomer
by: WtfSep 25, 2017 1:20:34 PM

I go to a large university in the west and has a friend that goes here. Off campus houses are completely stupid to join and are pointless because you have no national support like we do. You scraped together some cash to join what a fake house. Non IFC houses are completely fake. They are glorified drinking clubs. Like I said I don't go to your school. But my NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED house just dropped 35k on the biggest party of the year.

By: Wtf
#3  by: Yep   

They are all just drinking clubs.

By: Yep

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.