facebook

what are the sororities like??

by: future bronco

I'm rushing in the fall but I'm from out of state and don't really know anything about the sororities at BSU. I know everyone says "just go in with an open mind, etc." and I totally agree with that, but at the same time I've known people from my high school that have gone through rush at other schools, joined a sorority that "put on a good rush" and then realized they were the wrong fit and dropped and I'm terrified of that! I really want to make sure I join a sorority that fits best with my personality, interests, values, etc. Could someone describe what the different sororities are generally like without being negative or bashing anyone? :)

Posted By: future bronco
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: help   

well the thing about Boise state is that greek life isn't very big, which means reputations are hard to pinpoint because every sorority has every type of girl. but their are some general statements you can make (unbiased as possible as a fraternity guy):
-A chi o- friendly, outgoing, definitely true 'sorority girls' sometimes has bad sisterhood because they admittedly care about looks. pretty girls, involved on campus, is great at philanthropy "top tier"
-AZD- great girls, involved, they like having fun, decent at philanthropy, some rumors of bad sisterhood, good lookin girls, fun to have conversations with
- Tri Delt- Can't hate them, sweet girls, rarely hear negative rumors, 'mid tier', pretty, involved girls, girlfriend material, good sisterhood 'arts and crafts' type girls
-ASA- involvement is good, some rumors of bad sisterhood, the outgoing members are well liked on campus and they go hard in philanthropy,
-ZTA- new, no real reputation yet, but has done well so far. nationally a really strong sorority. the founders and first new members are surprisingly pretty, outgoing, and friendly. not the most involved yet but apparently has great sisterhood
-AOPi- some great girls, enjoy having fun, medium involvement, apparently has had sisterhood issues like cliques, a mix of arts n crafts girls and party girls
-AGD- outgoing girls, like to have fun, don't take it too seriously, decent involvement and rarely hear negative rumors about them, a mix of all types of girls\n\n\n\n\n

By: help
#2  by: :)   

All the sororities have their own quirks and values you won't see unless you're in them! Don't worry and trust the process.

By: :)
#3  by: .   

every sisterhood is different depending on what you put in to it. If you come in with a bad attitude you won't' have a good time.

By: .
by: ^^^^May 17, 2018 7:44:53 PM

And if she JOINS with a bad attitude her sorority's rep will take a hit. Don't be THAT young woman.

By: ^^^^
#4  by: :)   

I was in your same place last year. The thing about boise state is that the greek life isn't really about being top tier and being the best so recruitment is a little more genuine than other school. We say "Go Greek" instead of saying "Go [sorority]" because we really encourage you to find your best fit and go into recruitment with an open mindset, not judging on sorority's reputations. Just be yourself and see who you connect with most. Good luck!

By: :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.