facebook

ADVICE FOR PNMS! FALL 2022

by: PNMS

1. GET RECOMMENDATIONS FROM ALUMNI!
It's better to get them for all nine chapters because who knows where you'll end up on bid day! and do this sooner than later. try to get this done in summer.

2. MEET ACTIVES!
The sooner you sign up and send in recommendations, the better of a chance you have being reached out to for rush dates! If you aren't receiving messages from actives, don't take it personally and don't lose hope! reach out to girls on social media in the sororities you like and ask to hang out in the fall! I don't know a single active who doesn't like being reached out to. let me emphasize that rush dates are SO IMPORTANT. you can be a legacy, have a high GPA, etc. etc. but if you don't go on rush dates, it makes it harder for the girls to actually know you!

3. KEEP YOUR GPA HIGH!
While it's important to meet girls, if you don't meet GPA requirements for certain sororities, you will be cut on the first day of rush week.

4. ATTEND ALL PANHELLENIC PREVIEWS
mark them in your calendar and GO! this is a great way to meet girls and EXCHANGE PHONE NUMBERS so you can go on rush dates and meet even more girls!

5. ATTEND SORORITY EVENTS AND PIGSKIN!
YES you're invited and we want to see PNMs there! Kappa does a karnival, PiPhi does HOWDY, Tridelt does DNL, CHIO does chili cookoff and bedraces, Aphi does Alpha Dogs etc. etc. GO AND BRING YOUR FRIENDS!!!!

5. DON'T CARE TOO MUCH ABOUT:
- how you're dressed for rush dates
- the way your instagram looks (as long as it looks appropriate and shows who you are)
- the way the sorority instagrams look

the biggest thing is making those connections through rush dates and panhellenic previews! so yes, work on your outfits and social identity but don't overthink it.

6. FOLLOW ALL SORORITIES ON INSTAGRAM
this one has mixed opinions but if a sorority girl sees you aren't following her sorority but another's, she may avoid reaching out to you because she might think you are unwilling to give another sorority a chance. this can really hurt a PNM during rush week if they get cut from the ones they wanted!

7. DON'T LISTEN TO NEGATIVE REVIEWS ON GREEKRANK
this place is anonymous and literally anyone can comment anything. every sorority at Baylor is well respected so get the vibes of each one by meeting girls in fall.

8. DON'T GET COMPETITIVE WITH YOUR FRIENDS RUSHING
it's ok if you go on rush dates with the same girls!!! that might even better your chances if your whole friend group is interested in meeting girls in the same sorority.

9. VERY IMPORTANT TIP CUZ I HEAR THIS A LOT
so you may make eye contact and see a girl wearing greek letters smile at you while walking to class or a girl with a sorority in her bio might follow you on instagram and you may think they know you or really like you. the truth is most of the time WE DONT KNOW YOU!!!! why am i saying this? because you need to put in the work and meet as many girls during the fall. please reach out to us if you want to meet us! follow sorority girls by finding them through the sorority instagrams and start a conversation with us in the DMs. we WANT to help those who reach out to us!

Posted By: PNMS
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: PNMS   

incase you are unsure what a rush date is, it's where a pnm and an active hang out and get to know each other. you can stay on campus or go do something off campus. it's super informal and just a way to have fun and make new friends. pro tip: you don't have to call it a rush date if youre reaching out! you can say you are wanting to rush and would love to meet up sometime to get to know you and learn more about their sorority

By: PNMS
#2  by: THIS!!   

i cannot stress the importance of boldness in being a pnm. reaching out to people for rec letter and active members for rush dates can only do good!!!
op gave such such such good advice and for those on this hell website trying to rush, best of luck.

remember, recruitment for active members has already started. reach out to actives from each sorority on instagram, meet up once you get to waco, and never stop pursuing!!!

By: THIS!!
by: THIS!!Jul 22, 2022 11:30:02 PM

if you need an example of how to reach out:
“hi! im an incoming freshman/ rising sophomore and im super interested in recruitment this spring (or state chapter interest if you truly are pursuing the chapter). if you’re free to meet up sometime soon to grab coffee or lunch i’d love to get to know you!”

receiving these messages are so so flattering and girls take special note of those that pursue them.

By: THIS!!
by: YupOct 24, 2022 7:46:57 AM

Boost

By: Yup
#3  by: based   

THIS is the best advice a pnm can get. i’m glad something with decency got put on this terrible little-to-no-good website

By: based
by: yepJul 28, 2022 9:03:38 AM

^^^^^

By: yep
#4  by: bump   

bump.

By: bump
by: bumpJul 27, 2022 1:54:22 PM

bump.

#5  by: This   

This this this

By: This
#6  by: duopush   

duo pushing this back to top

By: duopush
#7  by: bump   

bump.

#8  by: wait to party   

and don’t go out to parties. there’s a chance you can get blacklisted. there are a few girls in every sorority who would do it so play it safe.

By: wait to party
#9  by: ?   

What if you are coming to Baylor in the spring will you be cut from houses because you don’t know anyone?

By: ?
by: GLAug 19, 2022 12:27:38 PM

Rush begins before the start of school spring semester. If you want to be in a certain one, reach out to those girls, explain your situation, and even see if you can meet up virtually. It might be harder for you because you’re not in person, but go in with an open mind and i’m sure you’ll get into one! Also keep your grades up because that’s a major reason most sororities cut girls. Good luck!

By: GL
by: ^Aug 19, 2022 3:26:44 PM

It’s possible but just don’t worry about rankings and you’ll be fine. Go in for the sisterhood not the status.

By: ^
#10  by: DogFart   

BARK BARK BARK

By: DogFart

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.