facebook

bid day spring 2020

by: Yikes

I understand there is a handful of girls that may not have been happy with the bid they got for bid day. Maybe you should have met with the girls and felt out the chapter for yourself(Bc you don’t have to pay right away) instead of bashing it right in front of a member’s face. Hopefully you don’t have a Bible quote in your instagram bio Bc that would suck:)

Posted By: Yikes
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Amen   

Please share with other houses so they don’t accidentally pick them up via COB.

By: Amen
#2  by: Anyone   

So - if someone gets a bid from a house that they were not interested in, but the expectation is we're supposed to give them a chance? Isn't that what we were all DOING for the past week? If a guy asks me out and I'm not interested, I am able to graciously say no. If I am offered a job I am not interested in, I am able to say no. But with recruitment, if I consistently rank a house last everyday, because I didn't find a connection - but I am not able to DROP them from my ranked list - and I'm forced to sign a contract saying I will accept any bid - WHAT?? Doesn't anyone else see how messed up this is? Getting your second choice is one thing, but if you don't feel a connection, you don't feel a connection after you've met 20-30 girls. And why wouldn't it make me bitter to be FORCED to accept and PAY for something I'm not interested in. The process doesn't allow for a gracious way to say I'm not interested. There are always 'less popular' in any group, team or situation. Doesn't make me less Christian to know I didn't meet anyone I felt I had much in common with. Doesn't make me less shallow. Makes you shallow for saying someone is if they are interested and you can't let them be.

By: Anyone
by: XJan 12, 2020 8:29:25 AM

I think what the original poster was talking about is girls being very rude to our faces about our sorority. We are humans too and you telling us that we suck and that you hated our sorority really hurts. Some girls actually did that during recruitment. Don’t feel bad about dropping if you aren’t happy with the sorority you received a bid from - it’s way to much money to be in an organization you don’t like. Just don’t bash us.

By: X
by: YikesJan 12, 2020 10:13:15 AM

I definitely meant don’t de strait up rude. A pnm said “I don’t want to go to that stupid place” right to one of those members. You’re making it sound like they’re forcing you to join and pay money right when you walk through the door. You don’t have to pay anything until initiation. And maybe they didn’t find a connection Bc they were talking to the wrong girls, it happens. It took me time to warm up to the chapter I was in even though it was second on my preference. And my final statement in this essay is, most people get their opinions from Greek rank. This has hurt one chapter in particular. Y’all are gonna bully this chapter off campus and it’ll be a never ending cycle. We should want all chapters to thrive, not spread rumors about them

By: Yikes
by: LolJan 18, 2020 6:13:00 AM

Woooowwwww. She wasn’t talking about a girl who didn’t like her bid, but bashed the sorority to a member’s face. No one here is saying she should’ve accepted her bid, just that she shouldn’t have been so rude. Screaming in someone else’s face about how much you hate their group? NOT OKAY

By: Lol
#3  by: Anyone   

Let's be clear -- I didn't name a sorority. I was never rude to anyone in speaking about them. All I'm saying is, I had one house ranked last all week. I AM forced to go to every house as part of the process. I didn't meet anyone I had a connection with and didn't want to continue. But in fact - everyone is forced to 1)attend all parties, 2) drop if they only have houses left that they don't like, 3) sign documents that they will accept a bid from any house after pref and 4) face potential elimination from all bids if you suicide. I'm not sure what people are saying about you and your house. I didn't name names. I'm saying I did everything I was asked and was gracious to all houses. One of them I had absolutely no interest in. Guess which house I got --- only because I didn't want to suicide. PMN's can't win by being ethical. And with the significantly reduced class numbers this year, I think a lot of people got crushed. That in itself if a bad thing for the entire greek system.

By: Anyone
by: ??Jan 12, 2020 11:42:49 AM

So you are saying if you single preffed a house, when you head 2 at pref, that you feel you would automatically lose both bids? That is not the case. You just take your chance to receiving a bid down to 10%. No one is forcing you to take a bid.

By: ??
by: HeyJan 12, 2020 11:43:14 AM

The things you were complaining about are NPC agreements. All campuses that have NPC sororities have to follow those agreements. If you don't agree with those, then you might be more comfortable in a non-NPC sorority or a campus club. BTW, you don't have to sign the MRABA-you can withdraw from recruitment at anytime during the week-even after pref parties. Signing the agreement binds you to that sorority until the next formal recruitment, so since you can't rush again for a year, you might as well give it a try. You might come to really enjoy our chapter.

By: Hey
by: NoJan 12, 2020 1:36:26 PM

You have suicide hella messed up

“4) face potential elimination from all bids if you suicide.”

You face not getting a bid because if you SIP after attending 2 Pref parties, you are no longer guaranteed a bid.

It does NOT eliminate you from Snap Bids OR COB.

By: No
by: LolJan 18, 2020 6:18:38 AM

Everything you said here is true. The system sucks. But the original poster was talking about someone who bashed the sorority to her face. If you don’t like the sorority you got just drop gracefully instead of being rude to others

By: Lol
by: !Jan 23, 2020 3:18:10 PM

you probably got ADPi and you think you’re too good to join them lmfao. newsflash, ur not

By: !

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.