facebook

rushing as sophomore

by: Help

What is it like to rush as a sophomore? Idk if it’s harder or easier

Posted By: Help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Not Greek   

It depends on what you’re rushing and it can be easier if all of your friends are in one organization. But in terms of going in not knowing anyone as a sophomore it’s much harder than as a freshman.

By: Not Greek
by: That’s true Nov 5, 2019 2:52:02 PM

I 100% agree with this like you may get dropped if you don’t know anyone but your top house might end up doing open recruitment after since a lot of people have been and that’s what happened to me but they will keep it extremely lowkey

By: That’s true
#2  by: Grean    

Also, there are not many spots available for sophomores. Each sorority has a certain number and it’s not public knowledge.

By: Grean
by: ExpertNov 16, 2019 7:59:04 PM

That's not how quota works.

By: Expert
#3  by: huang   

I've heard as a sophomore you MUST to be part of a 'list' going into rush week (or legacy). That if you have not had a coffee date with at least 10 current members of your 'favorite' chapter, you are not prioritized on the list and most likely will NOT get a bid. Is this true? At this point, I know and have met a ton of ppl in different houses. I've narrowed it down to 3 that I think I like and am waiting for rush to see how I feel about it in the moment. I feel like if I didn't go hang out with girls in a specific house all semester, I will NOT get a BID! Is this true? Please tell me since I have to decide if I want to rush at all in a couple weeks.

By: huang
by: !!Nov 21, 2019 9:32:28 AM

This is NOT true! Go through recruitment, don’t be worried. It is a good thing that you are keeping your options open and have met people from different orgs.

By: !!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.