facebook

Eating Our Own!!!

by: Grow Up

My boyfriend who attends an ivy up north was asking about the frats at Emory. Since I’m not part of Greek life nor do I hang with many that are, I only had a general idea on the “personalities” of different frats. He was googling our school and came to this page. After scrolling through it, he said “This is why Emory is a second tier school and will remain so. You eat your own.” Sadly I have to agree. Most who post here have a gripe or vendetta and, quite truthfully, have no intellectual or emotional maturity. They only seem to care about bad mouthing brothers/sisters of other srats/frats and pitting one gender against another with foul mysogynistic and misandristic comments. Seriously, you make Emory look bad. We are an intellectual powerhouse, but if you read this, you’d think we were idiots. I have lived all over the world and I chose this school to pursue an area of study which ranks Emory as top in the world. I have been thrilled with my education and my friendships. You wouldn’t recognize MY school if you read these postings. Check out Harvard’s page. Shame on all of you.

Posted By: Grow Up
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: SPC    

Umm do you know not see the irony in this post?

1. Your entire rant is bad mouthing people you’ve never even interacted with. Isn’t that exactly what you’re criticizing? Making judgements based on an anonymous website doesn’t seem very “mature” or “intellectual”.

2. What kind of boyfriend calls their girlfriend’s college a “second tier school” that will “remain so”. He sounds like a pretentious, nerdy assh0le. Maybe you should re-evaluate your taste in men.

Stay off GreekRank and don’t ruin college for everyone else.

By: SPC
by: LolMay 26, 2022 3:27:27 PM

Yeah like most people just see this garbage as dumb entertainment. Greekrank is so terrible that it’s fun, it’s like reality tv. It just ain’t as deep as OP thinks it is

By: Lol
by: TruthMay 26, 2022 9:12:54 PM

She’s right. Scroll down and read the posts. It’s sad. Shows our worst side.

By: Truth
by: YepMay 26, 2022 9:17:21 PM

We are second tier. Gotta get some tech alumni to make it rain.

By: Yep
#2  by: spitting    

you’re right but you’re looking for affirmation from the wrong group.

By: spitting
by: Grow UpMay 26, 2022 9:35:24 PM

No affirmation needed. Just better posts. Our school is second tier by the numbers. It’s a fact, but we can set a standard of behavior that shows class and respect for our school.

Pointing out derogatory comments is certainly intellectually appropriate and even more necessary in times like these. I’m not planning on continuing the dialogue. I hope you all do. If you consider what I posted as immature, so be it. That’s your prerogative and judgement.

Btw, my boyfriend may be a snob, but his loyalty to his alma mater is incredible. Same with his friends. I don’t usually agree with him, but in this case he was spot on.

By: Grow Up
by: WowMay 26, 2022 11:23:50 PM

Transfer to Cornell or whatever “first class” school your boyfriend goes be. You guys are pretentious weirdos

By: Wow
#3  by: Yikes    

I hope this is satire...

By: Yikes
#4  by: Cope    

Pretty sure ATO posted this so they stop getting called nerds on Greekrank lmao

By: Cope

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.