facebook

What's going to happen?

by: Martyppen?

What's going to happen? FSU had about 40,000+ students. How many of those are going to come back? How will this affect our chapters? Will the small fraternities disappear? Will be big chapters be able to pay their mortgages on their big houses? Will be even have a viable fraternity system in three or four months when Summer C starts? One thing: IFC needs to drop all fees and charges, and eliminate anything that discourages guys from going through rush. I think the sororities are going to have a problem too, but that's their business.

Posted By: Martyppen?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: worried   

If sorority recruitment doesn't go forward in adequate numbers in the fall, some of the sororities will suffer financial problems. We're down to only 10 or 12 fraternities and if the majority of members don't come back or if rushees are not interested, we might lose as many of half the ones that are left.

By: worried
#2  by: ???   

Why would people not come back? They’re just ... not going to finish their degree now? Listen to yourself.

By: ???
by: MartyppenMar 28, 2020 7:39:22 PM

I hope I'm wrong and you're right. I'm hearing now that FSU may not hold on-campus classes till Summer C. I suspect the economic impact will be greater, but I hope not. FSU is expensive. Students have to leave home and find a place to live and pay tuition. Fraternities are expensive (mine is) and sororities are a lot more expensive. I can see some parents saying just finish your degree online. I want to be wrong and I want you to be right.

By: Martyppen
by: @???Mar 28, 2020 8:05:58 PM

A lot of people lost their jobs, dues and tuition cost money

By: @???
by: @martyMar 29, 2020 12:14:58 PM

FSU is not expensive at all lmao. In-state tuition is dirt cheap. And most students have bright futures anyways.

By: @marty
by: TruthApr 19, 2020 3:28:07 PM

It is cheaper to finish your degree online. You save money on room & board, transportation expenses for those that commuted, and other expenses FSU hits students with every semester. I am seriohsly thinking not returning in the fall.

By: Truth
#3  by: Brokeboi    

Just stop being poor

By: Brokeboi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.