facebook

question about sorority rushing?

by: frosh

hi, i know greek rank websites don’t really have the best reputation but i don’t really know where else i can ask for advice. i’m an incoming freshman who’s thinking about rushing, the only problem is my high school gpa is around a 2.8 . i had some really difficult family things going on during my first two years of high school which made my gpa drop, but i managed to get it back up during my last two years of high school. i was wondering if my gpa is going to prevent me from getting a bid from any house at all? should i wait until sophomore year to get my college gpa up and rush? i’m not a legacy so i don’t really know anyone who could put in a good word for me. if anyone could please give me an honest answer it would be really helpful! i don’t want to go through the process of rush just to get dropped by all the houses on the first day.

Posted By: frosh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Abby   

Hey! I am not 100% sure how much GPA will effect this but I do know that once in a sorority if your GPA drops below a certain level you will be on probation which just means you can’t attend many sorority events. I recommend you sign up for recruitment and the week before you will get to talk with our Rho Gammas (girls that help you through the process) and can ask them if your GPA will effect you getting a bid or not. Another option is COB which is when you join a sorority after rush at any point in the year. This is what i did because i was unsure if i wanted to rush in the fall and it was very chill and relaxed. Either way i would sign up! Most chapters are very understanding and you can still do the other option I gave you!

By: Abby

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.