facebook

recruitment

by: R

How has recruitment been for you guys. I got dropped from one I really wanted.

Posted By: R
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sad   

I was also dropped from the one I really wanted. Theh say to trust the process, but this is what I really wanted and felt the best with. I dont even know if I should finish rushing...

By: Sad
#2  by: Sad but hanging in there   

Yesterday I was only invited back to one sorority, but it was my top so I was happy. This morning tho I got a call while I was doing my makeup and getting ready for preference day and they told me I hadn't been invited back to any of the sororities. I'm trying not to take it personally or let it destroy my self esteem, but I can't help but wonder why...

By: Sad but hanging in there
by: MemberFeb 10, 2019 1:42:51 PM

There is a process that some do calles “COB”, or continuous ongoing bidding. So, while not quite as exciting, if your top house doesn’t fill all spots... they will extend COB’s. Especially since they wanted you until the end, it is worth asking about. Sometimes people just fall through the cracks. I know many people at other schools who did COB and were just as happy!
Good luck, and don’t let this define you!!

By: Member
by: ButFeb 11, 2019 5:17:38 PM

COB is only done if the "house" doesnt reach capacity and if they have people drop. So if its one of those "top" houses they may not have COB. I know DZ alwasy has COB but... well

By: But
#3  by: C   

I was also dropped. I am so sad and thing we shouldnt have rush. It ruins girls self-esteem.

By: C
#4  by: member   

In reply about the COB's.... I am not sure about San Marcos, however, sometimes, the sorority plans on giving x number of bids, and people drop them... so they end up with spots. It's not always the same sorority. It does vary campus to campus, but worth looking into.

By: member
by: Sad but hanging in thereFeb 11, 2019 10:26:26 PM

A COB would be amazing but i'm honestly not sure if I should get my hopes up...I don't really want to get crushed again. In the meantime I'm just going to focus on getting through these last 3-4 months of freshman year. Even though I really hoped to make it through recruitment and join a sorority, there are other ways to get involved! I'll try and join some clubs or something, and maybe next year I'll go to some more informal Greek life events so sororities can really get to know me. Maybe i'll even rush again next year if i'm still up for it lol

By: Sad but hanging in there
#5  by: member   

COB is open and 2 houses are looking.. so go give it a try! And you're right, there are other clubs and organizations and there is always next year. Good Luck!

By: member

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.