facebook

pnm questions

by: PNM

I am an OOS PNM trying to find out a bit more about A State recruitment. Information has been very difficult to find on-line.
What are the minimum GPA requirements for each sorority?
How many girls are in the sororities and what is a typical pledge class size?
Because I'm from OOS, will it be more difficult for me to pledge?
TIA!!!

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Also   

I'd like to know as well.

By: Also
#2  by: TN Girl   

No, it's not difficult at all for OOS girls to get bids. ASU gets a lot of girls from Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi and other places. Greek life here is very welcoming.

By: TN Girl
#3  by: Also   

Are there many girls from the midwest who join?
Will a HS 3.2 GPA get me cut from any of the sororities?

By: Also
#4  by: @PNM   

First off relax, this isn't Razorback recruitment. I trust you have registered as a pnm and are learning all you can from our greeklife pages. Recruitment Gamma Chis will be of invaluable assistance to you beginning in August.

Every ASU home offers women unique experiences. You should be willing to live-up to their standards in order to be given their name.

Know what it is you are willing to contribute to any sorority chapter. Refuse to limit your choice between our fine homes, as they choose you more than you choose them.

All OOS women are wanted and welcome to be bid provided they meet desired sorority attributes of character and conduct. A general recruitment rule is treat others the way you would want to be treated. Be both wise and fair during your recruitment experience.

Please be yourself and not what you think the groups desire. It's stressful living a lie of a life, and sorority isn't 4 years it's for life.

Your HS GPA ought to be above 3.0 and some houses privately require a higher number (never ask which ones, its tacky). Average group size is 100-150. New member class sizes will not be known until bid day; lately some have been over 50 women.

Hopefully a new sorority will colonize during the 2017-18 school year, some time after formal recruitment.

By: @PNM
#5  by: Yikes   

OP - You'll be fine as long as you have the minimum 3.0 GPA and a clean rep. Just remember to relax, have fun and it will all work out. Good luck to you! FYI, please don't mind the above poster and how she is talking down to PNMs. ASU is a great place to call home ;-)

to @PNM - Sounds like you are a mom impatient for your next glass of chardonnay. The OP is only trying to find out answers not available on the ASU web-site. I too was OOS so I get it. Cut her some slack and think of how you would want someone to respond to you (ahem- your daughter) and not talk down to you.

By: Yikes
#6  by: PNM   

Thank you all for your honest help and feedback. I'm really looking forward to rush and finding a house that's the right fit for me.

By: PNM
#7  by: GPA   

Can someone tell me which houses require a higher GPA of 3.0? Does that mean 3.2 is good to go? Or more like 3.4+ GPA.
Thanks!

By: GPA
by: PNM 2Jun 18, 2017 9:24:28 AM

I'd love to know this as well!

By: PNM 2
by: honest answerJun 26, 2017 7:29:55 PM

You are required to have a minimum GPA to go thru recruitment. After that, it is PRIVATELY KNOWN GPA NUMBERS that will get you into/keep you out of individual sororities. Just focus on the "I need this GPA to be able to go thru ASU recruitment" GPA number.

To be honest a home's GPA requirement can actually fluctuate if a specific pnm meets other desired characteristics of membership. But inquiring about specific GPA's during recruitment is tacky and may get you cut from a home where you would otherwise fit right in.

By: honest answer
by: UhhhJun 28, 2017 8:40:43 AM

There is nothing tacky about a PNM asking about house GPAs. She wants to know where she stands. I did too when I was a PNM.

Moms coming on this site passing judgement on PNMs are tacky though.

By: Uhhh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.