facebook

Sorority Reputations

by: go greekk

at columbia it’s less about tiers and more about the reputations/vibes of each sorority. looking at Instagrams is a good way to tell but here they are:

Theta: old money, blonde,
waspy but fake edgy, “not like other girls” but still elitist.

DG: new money, blonde, bubbly, not as smart as thetas

SDT: new or old money, brunette, trendy, edgy, smart, kind of loud

AXO: fake, superficial, preppy, social climbers, nice to you if you’re in a frat

Posted By: go greekk
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Be better    

Cmon its just painfully obvious that this was written by SDT with the sole purpose of conflating dg and theta as superficial and putting down axo

By: Be better
#2  by: well   

uh as a sorority girl I’m 99% sure a guy wrote this. I’ve never heard of girls think of themselves in terms of “blondes” or “brunettes” lol.

By: well
#3  by: sorry bro   

this was definitely written by a guy that got dumped by a AXO girl

By: sorry bro
#4  by: LOL    

I mean come on... Theta's President is a transfer from Oklahoma... hardly old or new money - no money is more like it LOL

By: LOL
#5  by: disgusting   

This thread is just an example of how toxic some of the people who come onto this website can be. The initial post is extremely classist and elitist, OP puts down 3/4 sororities based on their intelligence and money and basically refers to each sorority by hair color, completely disregarding the woc in those chapters. And the response referring to an individual (the president of one of the sororities) and whether she is 'old money or new money' again is extremely classist and just generally disgusting because news flash: sororities should NOT be financially exclusive. The people behind these posts should be so ashamed of themselves; go outside and touch some grass, just because you're miserable doesn't mean you get to make others miserable too! I'm guessing you are in a sorority and not a PNM since you claim to know so much about axo and theta's president and I promise you, you are the reason greek life gets a bad rep at Columbia.

By: disgusting
by: pop off Jan 3, 2021 9:16:58 PM

THIS!

By: pop off
by: :(Jan 15, 2021 9:21:57 AM

Sororities at Columbia were founded in the 20th Century by the wealthy Barnard students who grew up on the Upper East Side in some of the most notable families of our country’s rich history. Their sole purpose was for networking amongst the elite.

It is truly sad that they have become a shell of their former selves as they are now havens for SJWs like yourself. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of SJW clubs for you to join on campus. Please do so and leave Greek Life for us wealthy students who actually belong at Columbia and Barnard.

Thank you and have a nice life, goodbye! :)

By: :(

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.