facebook

curious about CU greek life

by: roar 24

Im a rising freshman and im bored in quarantine. Im really curious/confused about greek life at columbia. Do you guys have houses, and if so where are they? I want to rush a sorority and im curious because there are only 6 but theres lots of debate about which sorority is the “top” one (dg or theta) and whats the difference between them? Also whats the deal with frats like do you guys have parties/who is the most fun? Also do you guys have themes for your parties?

Posted By: roar 24
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: truuuth   

hey! yes, columbia has 6 sororities, 4 of which have houses: dg, axo, theta, and sdt. the two that do not have houses, aoii and gphi, are still very new to campus which is why they do not yet have brownstones. the brownstones are located on 113th and 114th between broadway and amsterdam. as for your question about dg and theta, you will get a different answer from almost everyone you ask lol. personally, i would rank them the same, they just have different vibes. when you go through recruitment, you'll see what i mean. also, i would urge you to go into recruitment with an open-mind about all of the sororities. they are all so so excited to meet their pnms (potential new members) and can't wait to get new sisters. also, as someone who went through recruitment, i can tell you that once you actually pledge a sorority, the "rankings" disappear. when you're actually in a sorority, you stop caring about how others view your sorority and you stop comparing it to others. as for frats, yes we do mix with them:) again, just like with sororities, no frat is "the best", they all just have different vibes. dsig and sig ep throw great parties and sig chi throws great darties!! and yeah for our mixers, we sometimes do themes. greek life is a lot of fun and it's truly what you make of it! good luck with recruitment, and try to go to the events that we host in the fall:)

By: truuuth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.