facebook

rerushing as a junior?????

by: idk.

went thru recruitment this year as a sophomore and got into a "bottom tier" sorority i never saw myself in. i like the girls but the reputation is getting to me. wondering if i should drop and rush again as a junior for a "better ranked" sorority but not sure if that will be harder??

Posted By: idk.
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: jr   

I have a friend who rushed as a junior and trust me it will 1000% be harder. If you were dropped from the "better ranked" sororities as a sophomore, you will more than likely be dropped from them again. If you like the girls, that's fantastic and you should focus on that rather than "reputations" because at the end of the day that doesn't really matter and can even change if you have the right outlook.

By: jr
#2  by: RoarLion   

I'm a little confused...you are making an important life decision based on rankings on Greekrank and/or third-party perspective as to who is or is not a "bottom-ranked" sorority? The only differences between two houses and the rest is the lack of a brownstone, since they are the two newest houses, and the university's housing division has not been keen to grant brownstones to greek letter organizations. That should change soon. Regardless, your decision-making is flawed. You like the girls, yet are so concerned with the opinions of others that you might drop? you should do that house a favor and allow them to welcome home a PNM (via COB at this time) that is less concerned with the opinions of others and is there for the right reasons. This year only half the girls that went through formal recruitment ended up accepting bids, which means many received no bids for reasons unknown. I am sure many of them would have been thrilled to be in your position. Do them a favor and drop if you are not fully committed.

By: RoarLion
#3  by: lol   

I think this post is funny just based on the fact that some of the “lower-ranking” sororities have the largest networks across the nation. If you are truly unhappy it would be better to not waste the rest of your time and that house’s sisters time of all the energy they’re putting in to make you feel at home while you feel bitter about the group you are a part of and drop but if you didn’t get into the “top-tier” sororities this year, you’re most likely not going to get them next year. If you’re only concerned about reputation, I’d suggest reaching out to your chapters alumnae and seeing how their sorority has benefited them AFTER columbia/Barnard.

By: lol
#4  by: ya   

don't rush as a junior. it's hard enough to get a bid as a sophomore, and honestly, if you're in a sorority with people that you like, why rush again? personally, after i went through recruitment, the "tier system" completely left my brain because i was so in love with my sorority. if, however, it's not seeming to disappear for you, then i'd recommend either disaffiliating or reaching out to more sisters to see how you can get more involved.

By: ya

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.