facebook

Should I rush as a junior

by: Transfer student

I'm going to be transferring to ASU in the fall starting the year as a junior and as of right now I don't know a single person at ASU. I'm also planning to live in an apartment close to campus by myself instead of a dorm so I was hoping if I joined a sorority I might be able to meet people and make friends but I'm worried I'd be too old as a junior

Posted By: Transfer student
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yeah   

it is quite common to be dropped if you are a junior or senior. chapters value having members for 4/3 years rather than 2

By: yeah
#2  by: ya   

if formal recruitment doesn't work out def try contacting chapters about cob. i've known more juniors who get a bid that way

By: ya
#3  by: AllBloryLambGa   

You must be super stupid to be accepted at ASU in the spring

By: AllBloryLambGa
by: BruhDec 22, 2020 10:32:17 PM

LMAOO what? Just shut up dude

By: Bruh
#4  by: Sparky   

Yesss! Follow Instagrams of the Panhellenic chapters you would see yourself in! Spring COB is coming up and you’ll probably get a message!

By: Sparky
#5  by: yes!   

I rushed as a Junior and I got my top pick of sororities. It's really not that big of a deal. Go through recruitment and you will find a sorority.

By: yes!
#6  by: Not Too Old!   

Don't let the a-hole posts discourage you! There are several girls in our chapter who pledged as junior transfers. But a few things to keep in mind:
1. Some chapters might cut you immediately because your are a junior. (In the long run, so what. Concentrate on getting to know the ones who invite you back.)
2. Your pledge class will be mostly freshmen (but since you are new at ASU, prob not a big deal). You will prob make friends with girls in the chapter who are juniors and share similar majors, etc.
3. Go in with an open mind.

Good luck this next fall! Hopefully all will be back to normal!

By: Not Too Old!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.