facebook

Senior rushing for a Panhellenic sorority

by: anon

I'm a transferring (female) student and I just finished my first semester at UH. In the Fall I will be classified as a senior, will I have any issues rushing?

Posted By: anon
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yikes    

lmao good luck with that. it’s literally not even worth it like why would you want to join an organization you’ll barely even get to experience. hate to be blunt but you’re not going to be anyone’s first choice

By: yikes
#2  by: sorry    

I know someone who rushed as a senior and she didn’t get a bid, it’s really not worth it, and you won’t get the full experience since your first semester is as a new member. there are other clubs and orgs you could look into joining

By: sorry
#3  by: :)   

You might not get your top pick but there are multiple houses ik that have taken seniors before it’s rare but they have so i would say rush anyways you have nothing to lose!

By: :)
by: wrong May 20, 2020 10:32:44 AM

i’m sorry but this is just incorrect. you have hundreds of dollars to lose, and will get absolutely nothing out of the experience. that’s just the truth.

By: wrong
by: Why?Jul 31, 2020 1:07:33 AM

Generally houses that accept rising seniors are desperate. Sororities tend to want members who will stay a long time. Depending on the sorority they may require you to live in the house. Which is not fun for a senior. The hundreds to thousands of dollars you spend aren’t worth it. You don’t have the opportunity to really get into the sorority and truly understand it. Don’t waste your time and money. It’s better spent on preparing for the future

By: Why?
#4  by: Meh    

If you have extra money and time then sure rush, but just know that you won't get a super fulfilling experience, and sadly you won't be the first choice for many chapters since they want younger girls who will be in the chapter longer.

By: Meh
#5  by: Hm   

If you're going into Grad school it might be better to wait and see if there are any grad chapters around you.

By: Hm
#6  by: ...   

uh greek life is sooo not worth it. save ur money and join another club. and only bottom chapters take seniors.

By: ...
#7  by: Em96   

What if you are a junior, will you have a chance at being picked. Also what if your GPA is low but you were excused because it was a family emergency.

By: Em96
#8  by: SK   

Sigma Kappa picked up a senior back in the fall. She wasn’t very active cause she was about to graduate and had her own stuff going on. She didn’t go to events. And I believe got fined for being unable to go to mandatory events. As a senior there is so much more you can do. It isn’t worth going into a sorority when you won’t be able to experience all it has to give.

By: SK
#9  by: don’t worry   

For the people saying only “desperate” chapters take older girls - not true at all. You’re not classified as more desirable due to your age or your class and most uh sororities don’t place your value in that. You’ll be fine! Just trust the process and find your home where you can tell the sorority values you for you, not your classification.

By: don’t worry

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.