facebook

sigma chi

by: thoughts

Any thoughts on what will happen to Sigma Chi? People are saying they'll get kicked off, year long social probation, one semester of probation or nothing at all.

Posted By: thoughts
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: F   

they kicked the dudes out. if the school even tried to do anything to them they wouldn't even be able to make a case considering how they handled the situation.

By: F
#2  by: second   

I agree with the guy who posted above. if anything its gonna turn freshmen away from going there for a while. If they get anything they'll get probation but they probably won't get anything.

By: second
#3  by: nah   

the brotherhood of sigma chi handled the situation very well. from my understanding they removed all three from the chapter as well as from the national records of sigma chi. that being said they shouldn't receive sanctions from jmu but they will most likely see a weaker rush this fall

By: nah
by: Um no.Jun 23, 2014 9:38:03 AM

Taking someone off the roster isn't the same as kicking someone out. Those guys were still seen at every Sigma Chi party after that video was leaked, one of them even still allowed to sign the lease to their house, and they were all still pictured on their composite. Hardly sounds like they were kicked out at all to me. Sigma Chi did NOT handle the situation well.

By: Um no.
by: LolJun 24, 2014 2:21:13 AM

Lets not forget that the girl who was assaulted continue to party with sigma chi and dates one of them...

By: Lol
#4  by: soo   

^ then what do you thinks gonna happen?

By: soo
#5  by: They're fine   

They kicked the guys out, they graduated, and now the fraternity has nothing to do with this situation. It's all on jmu now

By: They're fine
#6  by: Bob   

None of the three lived in the Chapter house this year. The 2013-2014 Composite does not have them pictured. SX will be fine,once this blows over.

By: Bob
#7  by: bullcrap   

“I believe in fairness, decency and good manners. . .I will endeavor to so build myself and so conduct myself that I will ever be a credit to our Fraternity.” – Sigma Chi Fraternity creed. Big load of horse shlt if you ask me

By: bullcrap
#8  by: SHUT UP   

All of you are putting way too much blame on sigma chi. They kicked out the three brothers who were accused of assualt, which was more action than JMU even took, and also this was more than a year ago. The fraternity was loved by everyone a year ago and I don't see how that should change now, especially because the three guys who were kicked out have now also graduated. Also, Butters, the victim, is seen at more sigma chi events than half of their brothers, even after the assault. She even dates a sigma chi. If the actual victim isn't hating on the fraternity I don't see why you should. I don't think she meant to target the fraternity with the case, just the 3 guys who were no longer brothers. Also, none of you know the real story you just know what the media has shown. I know a lot of you are other fraternity members who are taking this opportunity to put down a good fraternity, but grow up and realize that sigma chi should not take fault for this.

By: SHUT UP
by: ^Jun 25, 2014 7:52:47 PM

Is a Sig macheesey bread.

By: ^
#9  by: Jakssz   

I agree with the fact that no one knows the true story or has seen the actual video

By: Jakssz
#10  by: Personally   

I just don't like sigma chi

By: Personally

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.